School shut!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tinkers

Re: School shut!

Post by Tinkers »

Have just put some salt down on our stretch of road. A few mercs going up sideways and an Audi abandoned. He just couldn't get it to go in the right direction so gave up.
MrsChubbs

Post by MrsChubbs »

Horrendous here. Schools open, then shutting early. Buses rearranged then unable to get there. Journey to collect them awful. Couldn't get back into village due to ungritted roads and abandoned cars. What a nightmare. Wish they hadn't bothered to open!
:(
Mrs C
DenDe

Post by DenDe »

It's a shame it didn't snow more heavily overnight then all the schools would have announced closure first thing. I have had the same problem with taking DC to school then picking up a few hours later. Trying to muster the energy to take them sledging. Wish DH could do it but he's stuck in snow on the way back from work.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Sorry to hear about life in your neck of the woods, Mrs C.

I now have four cold, wet, worn out children. Do they want to go out again? No, they want to use the computer or watch tv. Honestly.

Mind you, they were very wet and cold. Don't know what time the snow is going to stop falling!

Tinkers, we don't get mercs and audi's here, more like battered Galaxies and similar .... I don't mean the chocolate bar!
doodles

Post by doodles »

It hasn't stopped snowing here since about 9.30 this morning and my dark and dirty car is now white! Would love it to just carry on and when DH gets home so that we can't go anywhere tomorrow except out to play :lol:

Has anybody heard a (relatively) accurate forecast for West Kent as every one I look at is different.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

In retrospect, schools should have shut today.

However can you imagine how angry parents would have been if the snow had been much less than forecast - Headteachers just can't win!
marigold

Post by marigold »

About 2mm in Chelmsford. VERY disappointing.
JRM

Post by JRM »

It's only just started here. I need an excuse not to do the swimming, choir, swimming, choir run tonight so I hope it gets a bit faster.
The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.
Dr Seuss
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Snow lovely and thick here... Can post happily now that DD is back! Or at least, back from school and out in the local park with the sledging crowd...

Now beginning to worry about next week as she has GCSE modules and the school is still open for exams - whatever the weather. More than 15 miles is a long way to walk in the snow...

Didn't think of that when we were going through the 11+ challenges... :roll:
ginx

Post by ginx »

Hey, Warks Mum

I am a warks mum too, and an invigilator, and I worked this morning. GCSE's/A levels have to go ahead whatever the weather. I worked at one school and another school rang me to invigilate, as invigilators couldn't get in to work. School were in a panic last night as they thought nobody would get in to invigilate.

I don't know what happens to those poor dc who genuinely cannot get to school because of snow ... do they just fail because they are absent? They have to sit the exam on that day.

And there are GCSE's all next week! Glad I'm not an invigilator and not a student ...

And sorry, but I don't want the snow to go either, I love it. I just hope your dc gets to school for GCSE modules. It's stopped snowing now in our part of Warwickshire.