School shut!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Reading Mum

School shut!

Post by Reading Mum »

The snow must be bad as DD's school has been advised to shut early. Usually they stay open even when the others close
Okanagan

Re: School shut!

Post by Okanagan »

Building up quite nicely here now - but school is open. In fact popping my head out of the door to check the snow depth just now I could hear lots of excited noise coiming from the school. You can't usually hear them from here so either the conditions are allowing sound to travel further than normal, or their having an awful lot of fun at breaktime over there!

Some schools around here starting to advise that they're closing at lunchtime though, having just checked the local school closures page again.
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

Hi RM.

DD2's primary usually shuts at the drop of a snowflake, but DD looked on the web and is not happy with it being pretty much the only local school open :?

I was looking forward to her being off and had all the sledges/clothing ready :(
DD1 is at home because her indie is in the sticks, but DD2 is the adrenalin junkie :P
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Finished work early so I can go play with DCs. Yay!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Ours is closing early "because the buses will have trouble getting into the car park". Did no-one think of griiting the car park?!
scary mum
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Just heard ours is closing at 1.30. There will be plenty for snowmen by then with the rate it's coming down. I've just been up to the attic to get my favourite sledge (the traditional wooden one) down. We like snow here - I only have two kids - but we have 5 sledges, and about 20 pairs of skis :D
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

Am hoping for an early home time too. Going to put the stuff in the car now.
Would work out to be a perfect day if they do.
I went for a run, got some bargains in the online sales, have some lunch, go for a sledge and home in time to watch 'Pointless' with beer/curry/red wine later.
Weekend starts here baby! :D
ahap

Post by ahap »

Not yet in Chelmsford. We just got a spat and that was it. :lol: They say we'll get more snow around 4 p.m. Ah well we can't have everything can we. :(
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

Just got the text.
DD2 home at 12.30 :D

Hope you get some snowplay tomorrow ahap :wink:
ahap

Post by ahap »

Thanks, looking forward to it. :P
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now