too soon for a tutor?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
molly

too soon for a tutor?

Post by molly »

i have a daughter about to start year 5, she has really progressed well since starting juniors as she is quite a shy child, her sats scores are good she has scored 4s i wonder when is the right time to get a tutor?

Post by Guest »

Your daughter sounds as if she is confident in her English and Maths to get L 4s at the end of Year 4.

I would say that she would only need preparation for NVR and VR depending on which area you are taking the exams.And you can carry on with checking her progress in English and Maths over Yr 5 at school.
Most would start practising NVR and VR in after christmas of Yr 5. I think your child will do very well and you have quite some time.

Can you not tutor her yourself using materials in bookshops and from this site?
molly

Post by molly »

I do what i can with her, but my knowledge of nvr & nv are not great! any good books we could get? any help would be great, thank you for your advice.
molly

Post by molly »

i should have added we are in kent.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The verbal rasoning CDs from this site are great.

treat the exercises as puzzles, maybe do them togethre, kkep it low key and fun. You can also download practice papers.

Which part of Kent are you from?
molly

Post by molly »

i am near to canterbury, i will have a look at the cds, i think she will need help with the nvr & the vr.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now