Should Nick Clegg send his children to State School?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Amber

Re: Should Nick Clegg send his children to State School?

Post by Amber »

Just be glad you're not the Queen. Imagine having to share with the nation the fact that you ate a dodgy curry and got a dose of the ****s; and then being carted off to hospital to have doctors analysing every movement (!) and nurses fawning over you when all you want is your own loo and a bit of peace and quiet.
dlb

Post by dlb »

He did well getting his child a place at this catholic school then considering Clegg calls himself an atheist!
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

But his wife is a Catholic and the children go to a Catholic primary school, so on religion grounds, he has every right to be there.
dlb

Post by dlb »

Yes I know his kids have a right to be there - but I am just making the point that he is an atheist and openly states this, so why send your kids to a religious school? Oh yes - because it has much better results than the easiest local comp (not religious) down the road. Do as I say, not as I do.....
Life begins at the end of your comfort zone!
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

As long ago as 2007 he was quoted as saying "I'm married to a Catholic and am committed to bringing my children up as Catholics" - so it's not exactly a recent change to gain a school place.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

I love this school! It is celebrating its 150th anniversary later this year with a black tie ball at the Hurlingham Club. Tickets are available now, only £125 each: http://www.london-oratory.org/tlos/htdocs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Loopy
Pumpkin Pie

Post by Pumpkin Pie »

My OH went there and I was looking at the tickets just this morning......but at that price I can only 'look'! :(
wonderwoman

Post by wonderwoman »

Well I think there is a policy in this country that parents can choose the school they wish to send their child to and I see no reason why politicians should be any different.
2littleboysmum

Post by 2littleboysmum »

Nick Clegg was lucky enough to attend one of the best schools in the country. For him, or any parent for that matter, to want less for their child with regard to standard of education, opportunities etc. than they had themselves would, in my opinion, not make them principled, but would make them an idiot (Yorkshire blunt speaking rant over). And I'm no lib dem supporter btw.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now