Not long till 1 March ...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ginx

Not long till 1 March ...

Post by ginx »

I think I've asked this before.

We applied online. Do we hear which school dd2's got a place at - online, on 1 March, or by post, posted 1 March?

I'll be glued to the computer on 1 March. It's beginning to feel near; only got January and February now. Need something to make time fly. Perhaps dieting :) Dh did say he'd appeal if necessary. I hope it's not necessary but don't know. I bet it's a long, stressful process.

Two months. I expect countrymum is counting days and hours ... :)
mitasol

Re: Not long till 1 March ...

Post by mitasol »

Unfortunately there is not a universal policy covering how you will receive the allocation information and each LEA is different. You need to check with your own LEA.

Are you Warks? http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/Web/corp ... A80053836B" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; If you requested to receive an e-mail offer then it will be sent out around 8.30a.m on 1st March.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Thanks, mitasol. It's no secret I'm in Warwickshire. The county that seems to have very few members on here at the moment (they'll creep out of the woodwork on 1 March, I'm sure!)

Dh can take the kids to school that day. I'll be sitting on the computer :) Fingers crossed for good news.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

In Gloucestershire last year the allocations were posted online shortly after midnight.
ginx

Post by ginx »

Stroudydad, then I'll be sitting on the computer (as it were) all night! Just hope it doesn't crash :!:
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

That's what iPads were built for.. We did it sat in bed
ginx

Post by ginx »

Stroudydad, then we will be "stealing" (that's what my son calls borrowing) ds' iPad. It doesn't matter if dd2 doesn't get to the grammar; she can go hopefully to grammar stream of comp where all her friends are going. If that's meant to be, I don't think we'll appeal.

But we would like her to go to the gs - and she'll be devastated if she doesn't get in ... we'll be sitting on the iPad all night then. If you see what I mean. :)
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Remind me, when is it again :lol:
ginx

Post by ginx »

countrymum, I was just reading your post when was it again when lo behold! like magic it appeared ... then went ... think it said 57 days. That isn't long. Or am I going mad and actually I didn't see anything?
countrymum

Post by countrymum »

Ha ha yes, not keeping this one but thought would just have it there just quickly. I really like another ticker but cant seem to convert the html to bbcode :roll: I shall keep searching for one :lol:

And yes is 57 days.... :wink: