last day

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
guestkent

last day

Post by guestkent »

last day is here, and i feel so sad :cry: i thought i'd tell you all what i have done for my son, i bought a cheap plastic folder(one with plastic sleeves inside) and i have gathered together all his school reports from infants right through to year 6,his school certificates for achievements(head teachers awards/swimming awards etc) and his class/school photos i even have the newspaper from his first year at school(the ones where they go round and take pictures of the new school intakes)i have put all this together for his memories of primary, i have to tell you, it has bought a tear to my eye,looking through all these things, but i know in a few years he will enojoy it,anyone else made a keepsake? when he gets home, he can add in his signed shirt!
H

Post by H »

DS finished last Friday. Don't do what I did - scooped the signed shirt off the floor and put it in the wash. All names not in permanent ink washed away. DS less bothered about it than me- just a perfect excuse for him to ring all his friends to see them again - so maybe a blessing in disguise. We live in Bucks and class of 30 is dispersing to 7 different schools...
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

That sounds a good idea. My daughter just left school after her A levels and it seemed like only a tiny amount of time since she was skipping down the road to her first day in reception.
GemmaB

Post by GemmaB »

My dad made one of these memory books for primary school: in secondary for each year.

Both me and my children enjoy looking back -spooky how eldest daughter's reports mirror mine.

A lovely thing to do and to keep (Also to bring out on 18th/21st birthdays!!)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now