There's a lovely thrush in the garden

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tinkers

Re: There's a lovely thrush in the garden

Post by Tinkers »

And very unnerving when they swoop down for road kill in front of your car! Happened to me twice.

I must see at least one everyday, even if I don't leave the house, I usually see one out of the window. Very majestic.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

I'm jealous. It makes my thrush seem quite feeble
Amber

Post by Amber »

pheasantchick wrote:I'm jealous. It makes my thrush seem quite feeble
No no no! Thrushes are the most beautiful birds; they are getting rarer and need our help so we can keep enjoying their beautiful song. Chuck out some sultanas and watch them come. Red kites are spectacular but they can't sing!

But what about hedgehogs? I hear that they are heading for extinction. How awful is that? :cry:
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

Not in our neck of the woods...we have 3 hibernating in our bushes...they're quite feisty little things and surprisingly fast on those tiny legs!
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I was sat in my car outside the tutor's house whilst whilst dd was having a lesson, when a sparrow hawk landed not five feet from me complete with live flapping prey. It was brilliant, the hawk just tooka better grip, waited for the flapping to stop and of she went again.. Moral? Tutoring isn't all bad..
Amber

Post by Amber »

Moral? Tutoring isn't all bad..
I think the moral is wait for the flapping to stop before you try to fly. :wink: Could be usefully applied to a range of parenting situations, from newborn upwards. :lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now