Birthday party for 11 year old girl

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Samlet

Re: Birthday party for 11 year old girl

Post by Samlet »

I'm not sure you can put bubbles in it.

We had a jacuzzi bath in our room on honeymoon and we put bubbles in - it was like something out of a sit com - bubbles everywhere, bathroom completely covered! Then DH thought more water would solve it which just made it even worse as the jacuzzi created more bubbles and the water level rose even higher !!!

(If you ever get into this pickle, soap is the answer, it pops the bubbles)
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

Deodorant is a good bubble killer, but don't breath it in!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

StJamesDad wrote:Deodorant is a good bubble killer, but don't breath it in!

:shock: And you know this because ...................... :lol: :lol:
bns

Post by bns »

I have spoken to my other half and his all for it, but I think he may have his own agenda once DDs asleep I think I am about to get one of my headaches again:oops: at least it will give the neighbours something to talk about!!
anyway DD is the only one from her class going to another school , having got a full bursery for an Indie school and all her friends are going to the local (very good) comp, so I want it to be special for her because I want her to maintain her friendships in her local village , but I also need to mindful of the cost!
BTW snowdrop is it 17 months before you get married or have been married :? congrats anyway best of luck xx
um

Post by um »

I'm taking dd for her 10th birthday (very close date to your dd's!) with some friends to the cinema followed by a meal at a nice Italian restaurant that does wonderful cakes.

Last year she went to the cinema too, followed by a meal at the cafe opposite it. The best birthday party ever, in my opinion. The girls all sit still and are absolutely quiet and all you have to do is sit and snooze in your chair :D before taking them to order the meal.

My dd would refuse to go to a LaserQuest party, I am afraid, as she just doesn't like things like that and absolutely hates being chased. She recently really enjoyed a bowling party though. I couldn't even imagine her coping with a paintballing party, although my ds1 and 2 have had these and enjoyed them - there is the issue of there always being one boy who uses about 3000 bullets :roll: They do come back completely caked in mud - and I already have to go through enough of that after their rugby matches.

Maybe this sounds very conservative but I'd certainly be concerned about my dd going to a private hot tub party. I've also seen signs in leisure centres saying that children and pregnant women are not allowed in the jacuzzi and assumed that there was a medical/health reason behind this, perhaps due to the temperature of the water.
ginx

Post by ginx »

um, I think you may be right. Quite a few of my dd's friends will not enjoy Laser Quest. I either take the girls who will ... but the cinema hasn't been a great success in the past because they want to talk.

Taking them out for a meal's always been a success. Last year we went to Frankie & Benny's and eight girls had their own table, ordered themselves, and looked - and behaved - like little adults! I think they enjoy going out and chatting.

I don't fancy the jacuzzi idea personally.

Last year we took eight girls to Primark, I gave them £10 each, they spent hours in the changing rooms (we got there early). They managed to buy quite a lot for £10 and seemed very happy looking. I had a couple of mums helping. We went by train (that was also very exciting!) and had to walk a mile to the shops, but they enjoyed that. Looking back, it was easy. They spent hours looking at shoes, t shirts, shorts, sun glasses, adult clothes ... and we got there very early to beat the crowds. £80 may seem a lot but it's no more than Laser Quest.

The only problem was the girls whose mothers insisted on giving them an extra £10 or £20 ... I made them give the money back as I considered it wasn't fair.

So here I am: still stuck about this year. Dd is now saying she might rather do something with one non-school friend, like a trip to Madame Tussauds.

So next question: anyone been to Madame Tussauds? Do you think 11 year olds would recognise the models there? Big attraction is 1Direction waxworks. I thought I could take my 14 year old plus one non school friend and kill two birthdays with one stone.

Too grown up? Museums are too school like, I feel. Back to the drawing board for us.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

My dd went to Mme Tussaud's on a school trip to London in Year 6. All the kids enjoyed it, girls and boys
ginx

Post by ginx »

Thanks, Snowdrops - that's sounding good!