Anyone on/tried the 5/2 diet?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
StJamesDad

Re: Anyone on/tried the 5/2 diet?

Post by StJamesDad »

Its not really about hours, its about days cindrella. If 7pm is when you last eat anything, then yes. The 500 (600 for me) calories is just for the waking day of your 'lean' day, and assuming you do not get up in the night to eat!

I have tried different things. 3 small meals, Skipped lunch (or just had an apple etc.), but I am favouring skipping breakfast and having an early lunch (brunch) and evening meal.
I know they say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I think this goes out of the window on the two days you are limiting calories.
The fact I drink black Coffee and fizzy water helps as they do not really have any calories :)

I would say that you should make the effort to stay within the 'allowance' if you are going to try it.
Good luck :wink:

One reason I picked Monday was that I go to bed early so it's a shorter day :lol:

Off for my first meal now....... and another coffee :D
cindrella

Post by cindrella »

DIY mum, so you are doing the proper fast -no water and all from sunrise to sunset. so you get best of both the worlds!

I like the way it has been spread out because yo ucan siut yourself and not suffer hypoglycaemic headaches, rehydrate yourself too. I think I will give it a go.

I did see the BBC program and it does make sense.
It really is not a diet, but a lifestyle change.
Was not sure at first but having read how well it works ..hmm, think I must try.
Thanks for sharing.

OMG those tips and recipes are so tempting..are we dieting??
Love those.
Cinderella
PROBSNAIVE

Post by PROBSNAIVE »

Wow DIY mum you are an inspiration. May Allah reward you for your efforts.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now