Demanding Child

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Owes

Re: Demanding Child

Post by Owes »

Thanks Scary mum ,Daogroupie I stict always by the rules with dc that why sometime describe me as unkind mum because his friends can play more than him even in school term which is unacceptable to me .. Daogroupie your dc sounds brilliant even I think boys are mostly grazy by games than girls ... Thanks all
silverysea

Post by silverysea »

I actually say Yes to almost everything I am asked for. Like this: "yes, you may do/have ______, just as soon as you have done what I want you to do (finished x pages of study, tidied room, helped me in kitchen). Do you have enough money to pay for it? (If it costs money).

Strangely, I am rarely asked for anything much anymore! :D
doodles

Post by doodles »

Relax on the bedtime in the holidays, it really doesn't do any harm. Last night I went to bed at 10 and Ds' s came to bed at 11.15 as they were playing cards with DH. Give a little take a little works here during the holidays but during term time it's back to routine and they both have regular chores to do which are non-negotiable.
um

Post by um »

I came up with the ultimate solution of having five wild children (the youngest being the maddest) so, at present, we have two broken PCs, a broken 3DS and a broken wii. Of the one PC that still works, the speakers are completely broken and the mouse keeps sticking, which is fine for me but impossible for playing fast computer games :wink:
Ds1 and 2 have given up and started reading :D