Ramadan 2013

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sbarnes

Re: Ramadan 2013

Post by sbarnes »

Ws sister, maybe going after eid inshallah; Ramadan spent in UK is without any compromise. Although it saddens me to see how we are starting to replicate the middle east of adopting the partying culture from sunset to sunrise. Eat till we drop mentality. friends tell me of the amount of food going to waste from people orderign too much. Yes ok, they have paid for it, but arent they forgetting the true meaning of this holiest of months.
Last 10 days, make the best of them please IA.
WS
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

I do apologise to the forum users. :oops: I had thought sending a private message.... but apparently, due to tiredness, I clicked on some wrong buttons :evil:

Anyway, wishing an excellent end of Ramadan to the Muslims... and lovely holidays to everybody else! :D
And I wish good luck to all who are working hard on the 11+ with their DC. Patience and perseverance do usually pay... if not with a place at the independent or a grammar school, at least with a good level to start secondary school. :D
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

Thank you for kind words.

With all the troubles we are going to Ireland now.

May god accept our prayers.
sp

Post by sp »

As a non-Muslim who is very interested in other religions/cultures, I have found this really helpful. I have 2 colleagues who are observing Ramadan and we have been discussing the reasons for fasting and the implications. Sorry to say that I've never really thought too long about it, but having to sit by these people, have realised the huge commitment needed/required.
khanj010

Post by khanj010 »

Asalamualikum to all my brothers and sisters
Fasting is nearly over only a few days left till eid may allah reward us for all the ibadat we have done. Although we were dreading it in the beginining now its nearly over we especially the children are sad its comming to the end. It has been very difficult practicing for the 11 plus as I was not up to teaching, but inshallah we have a further 4 weeks so hopefully we can catch up with revision. May I take this opportunity to say eid mubarak to everyone celebrating : :D
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

Khair mubarek; remember our health, wealth and happiness is pre-ordained for all of us. If it wasnt the month of Ramadan stopping you working you at 100% efficiency then maybe some other event would have replaced it with the result of the same output. We must separate the worldy and the spiritual aspects of our short life.
In most probablility, the Eid festival will be on Thursday inshallah in Northern regions of UK. I have heard that possibly on Wednesday too? Whatever day, may everyone enjoy ther day but bearing in mind that even on that day, the most unfortunate will still carry on fasting due to their circumstances. MAy allah lift all of our sufferings, ameen. Eid Mubarek and good luck for 11+.
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

sbarnes wrote:remember our health, wealth and happiness is pre-ordained for all of us.
That is an interesting statement. Please will you explain - I am curious.
Loopy
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

are you a practicing muslim?if you don't mind me asking?
future

Post by future »

We ought to keep to the 11+ topic on this forum. There is enough exposure to cultures and religions elsewhere. Do you agree with me?
Loopyloulou

Post by Loopyloulou »

Well, it is not something I particularly wish to pursue here. As I said, I am merely curious.
The subject of the thread is "Ramadan", which suggests to me that cultural etc issues are being discussed here. Perhaps, as you suggest, it is not the right forum.
Loopy
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now