"The Walking Dead" and Horror Appreciation Thread!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bravado

Re: "The Walking Dead" and Horror Appreciation Thread!

Post by bravado »

Only one week and 8 hours to go...... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I'll be watching "The Oath" ("The Walking Dead" new webisode) tomorrow - has anyone seen it yet? I saw a quick preview and it looks like the girl from "The Last Exorcism" is in it. I generally find the webisodes really gripping and even better than the real "The Walking Dead".
Anyway, must dash - I'm off to watch "The Last Exorcism 2" with DD1 :D :D :D
ahap

Post by ahap »

Tried to watch the webisode, but it says I cannot watch it from my current country. Any solution?
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I've never been able to watch them either..apart from the mini episodes from when it first started and there was a good one telling the story of how the girl with no legs , who was dragging herself across the grass ( first series ) came to be in that situation. U tube is better then the official website.

Apparently this season, the walkers have evolved and are more cunning. :? I always marvel at how strong and fast they are even though half their limbs are hanging by a thread.
bravado

Post by bravado »

ahap wrote:Tried to watch the webisode, but it says I cannot watch it from my current country. Any solution?
We watched it on u tube - very good - thought-provoking to say the least.

I still haven't managed to watch the entire first episode of Season 4 - 10 mins a day at the moment - arghhhhhhh! :roll:
bravado

Post by bravado »

Well - the anticipation as to who from Rick's group made an exit at the mid-season finale, is now over and I am very sad. :cry: I didn't watch it until last night and D1 warned me that it was "brutal", having watched it Friday. All she would tell me, was that one died and one was eaten. I announced that I would be very sad indeed, if Hershel's time was up.

What do you all think of the episode? So, I am very sad that Hershel has died: as a character he was one of the good guys who was pretty much selfless. I have to admit that I wasn't overly keen on him at first, with his staunch refusal to let the group stay. However, he grew on me. At one point, I thought Darryl was also a "goner", when the walkers were approaching him from behind - these two are my favourites. I don't think that DD1 could have chosen a more apt word than "brutal", to describe his death. I think they have got rid of the wrong character and having now read an interview with Scott Wilson, he apparently voiced the same concerns, when officially told of the decision.

Would you have left "The Governor" to the walkers?

If you had to drop two characters, who would you have chosen and why?
ahap

Post by ahap »

I was waiting for the 'govenor's' exit. He was like a mosquito coming in and out annoying everyone, well not just annoying but worse - killing anyone that he thinks is a threat to his position and also to feed his relative. He came across as a helpful leader but he had some very selfish reasons.
For the other question; even though it was sad when they got rid of Hershal we can be satisfied in that he went as a hero and he has lived his life compared to the others but IMO it could have been avoided, but if they had to drop a character then it was the right decision for the above reasons. Did you notice Hershal's final smile- very subtle but meaningful- when Rick was making that speech about how they could forget the past and live side by side because they needed to survive and the prison was the only place that was safe from the 'Walkers'? His smile showed a satisfaction in Ricks's speech about how he had grown in character. So now even if he leaves, Rick will manage; since Hershal was like an adviser when he was not well mentally -not only to him but to others as well.
Now Rick & the group have to find a new place to live because they lost their place due to that big mosquito. :roll:

Do we wait for February now for the next episode? They have thought about the script very well indeed, humanity among survival. Is this based on a comic book? Is the story slightly different to that of the TV series but perhaps the TV series is based on that? Has anyone read it?
Last edited by ahap on Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
Araucana girl

Post by Araucana girl »

Still playing catchup here so reading posts carefully. We started on dh's season 3 box set last night. Loving it!
"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere."

Albert Einstein
Professor Yaffle

Post by Professor Yaffle »

So how are they going to get out of this one then??
ahap

Post by ahap »

Strange, they invite people calling it a sanctuary then imprison them?