BBC Radio for schools

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

southbucks3

BBC Radio for schools

Post by southbucks3 »

I was browsing through the stories on bbc player trying to find something to send me to sleep, and came across 'A christmss carol' on the childrens pages. You can listen to all of the15 minute episodes back to back on the school radio pages, any time or wait for the friday each week slot on player originally played at 3.45pm, I think there is a week left of episode 1. I know it is a bit previous for christmas, but there is some seriously meaty vocab, but read in a lovely child friendly way, there are a few others listed too, such as hans christian anderson tales. bbcplayer is of course is ipod/pad/kindle friendly, so you can plug them in for some subliminal vocab building at bedtime. Warning, extract device before it is switched to fifa14 or accidently wound round their necks if they doze off.

Since finding this radio programme last week i have been using the mental maths challenge programmes on middle son, to judge suitability for youngest, they do seem quite good and fast for a 9 year old to practise mental maths, and are nice fun 15 minute chunks. Makes a change from our boring voices teaching them the extras too.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now