John Lewis Christmas 2014 TV advert

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Marylou

Re: John Lewis Christmas 2014 TV advert

Post by Marylou »

Okanagan wrote:One of the (non working) mums at ds2's primary told me on Monday that she was hoping to finish wrapping her Christmas presents this week :shock: !
You should have asked her if they were for this year or next. :wink:
Marylou
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

We went into a harvester on the way home from camping this weekend, only to be greeted by the whole place decorated for Christmas. 8-@
StJamesDad

Post by StJamesDad »

Its not even halloween or bonfire night yet!

Notices to book your Christmas party are all that should be allowed until November.
Amber

Post by Amber »

It's my birthday just after Christmas and I want to go away for it. I am horrified by the hugely inflated prices, the restrictive booking terms and the fact that the whole of the county I wish to spend my birthday in seems to be booked up. I have had several emails from helpful holiday companies pointing out to me that 'your birthday falls between Christmas and New Year [like I hadn't spotted this], which is a busy time for the holiday industry', which is then used to justify trying to get several thousand pounds out of me for a fairly ordinary holiday cottage.

I am very 'bah humbug' about Christmas anyway and would be more than happy if it was cancelled; but now I am totally moody about the whole thing as I am going to be forced to either stay at home or part with my life savings to go away just after it. :evil:

PS - if anyone is in possession of a nice holiday home in Yorkshire which is free just after Christmas, please let me know.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

We once had to postpone our annual holiday to the beginning of October because of an illness, so the shops were full of Christmas decorations etc before we'd had our "summer" holiday...NOT pleasant. And a few years ago I received an invitation in JULY for a works Christmas outing to which my response was loud, lengthy and unrepeatable (strangely, that team didn't invite me the following year :( ).
CarpeDiem

Post by CarpeDiem »

Amber
Have you tried http://www.countryhideaways.co.uk/ we have used them before for walking holidays in the dales and they have been excellent and not too expensive. :D
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

When returning to work, post holiday in August, I was confronted with the blank off duty for Christmas week and a Winter Watch form to fill in to state if I a) had a 4x4 b) could walk to work and c) how many people could I put up in my house. :shock: for when it snows. How depressing.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I still have an abundance of sweet pea blooms in my garden...smug :D , and until they finally give up the ghost it is officially still summer here!
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

During my childhood in the 70's and 80's I remember Lewis's (not John Lewis!) started selling some of their Christmas stock at the same time as summer 'Back to School' promotions...

I have already bought both DC's their Christmas presents from parents for 2013.

I have also bought Christmas booze (which has largely been untouched which is remarkable!) tubs of Celebrations and Heroes, a box of After Eight mints, a box of Matchmakers and a Terry's Chocolate Orange.

Christmas family trip to London for a few days booked.

I love Christmas me...
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Fatnorville wrote:During my childhood in the 70's and 80's I remember Lewis's (not John Lewis!)
I was always taken to see Father Christmas at Lewis's as a child :D

JD
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now