Harrow Boys School on TV

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
harlequin

Harrow Boys School on TV

Post by harlequin »

Has anyone else been watching this on Sky1?

Harlequin
sbarnes

Re: Harrow Boys School on TV

Post by sbarnes »

every week coupled with the program on thursdays about the Yorkshire school..
aliportico

Post by aliportico »

Yes, its juxtaposition with Educating Yorkshire is very interesting. I'm enjoying it - my girls love it, lol, though perhaps not for the same reasons as me ;-) I'd like to see some lessons tbh, rather than yet another Harrow football game!
harlequin

Post by harlequin »

[quote="aliportico"]Yes, its juxtaposition with Educating Yorkshire is very interesting. I'm enjoying it - my girls love it, lol, though perhaps not for the same reasons as me ;-) I'd like to see some lessons tbh, rather than yet another Harrow football game![/quote

Yes the boys do so much sport and extra curricular activities. I suppose anything to
keep them out of mischief! The 20 mile run for charity was impressive though!
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

i totally agree, don't know whether the tv channel had little permission to film the lessons themselves. The harrow program concentrates a lot on the extra curricular activities on offer at £33k per annum plus extras. Its very interesting how the student/teachers acknowledge that parents are buying into the network culture as well. The heads reason as to why harrow was taken out of the league table as also a bit wishy washy.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Yes, I'm following that too, fairly interesting if a little too much concentration on music for my tastes – they seem to move from one music recital or competition to the next – though I was quite taken by the totally disorganised boy who was in charge last week and just managed to turn it round at the 11th hour.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Intrigued by your posts, I located this programme on Sky on demand and caught all but the first programme and have yet to view last night's edition. Thoroughly enjoying it so far and yes, it is all about the extra curricular atm - what makes boys into men and the 'added value' of Harrow I think?

Looking forward to the rest of it, thanks for posting otherwise I'd have missed it!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I think I must be the only person a little bit bored by it all. It's on, but I don't feel the need to rewind or watch it again later when I've missed bits. I enjoyed the first programme but found the rest a bit samey. I like the House Master though. He's a very happy sort of a person, which is just as well given the amount of time he has to spend with the boys.
scarlett

Post by scarlett »

I like the house master too..I thought he was a bit strange initially but as time goes on, he really makes me laugh and I think contributes greatly to framing those boys..he comes out with little gems of wisdom.

The boys seem nice, a little annoying perhaps (the thespian one just loves checking out his side view in a passing mirror ) and my dc love the programme. Ds2 in particular, is quite frantic at making sure it's recorded and when I left him on his own one evening, I came back expecting the place a bit messy etc and he was sitting on the sofa, with it paused waiting for me to watch it with him. :D

Ds1 says it's not as strict as his school. :roll:
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Caught up with last night's episode now. Just one thing to say:

Jim Hawkins, mmmmmmmmmm :oops: :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now