Grossly immature Year 7

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: Grossly immature Year 7

Post by southbucks3 »

Pah! Refer to quote sbout uwiring the xbox! :roll: They spend hours on homework because they stop every 10 minutes to do something electrical. Rumour has it that the gs school plans to use ipads for homework is backfiring spectacularly....the kids just sit for even longer on you tube or whatever, pretending to do their gs homework.
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

Flanker3105 wrote:So far my son in year 9 has lost a towel and an expensive pair of compression leggings (for under rugby shorts) this term. I have had to resort to checking bag as he gets home and making him responsible for recovery and replacement cost.

I'm told their brains are re-wiring. I think I will re-wire his X-box.
I must admit i was looking at some of these compression shorts and tops for my DS when he is doing rugby thinking they would keep him nice and warm and then I thought - "No- he will just lose them and anyway my brother played rugby for his school in all sorts of weather in the 1980's and did not have any of this fancy kit- he survived just fine"
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

southbucks3 wrote:Pah! Refer to quote sbout uwiring the xbox! :roll: They spend hours on homework because they stop every 10 minutes to do something electrical. Rumour has it that the gs school plans to use ipads for homework is backfiring spectacularly....the kids just sit for even longer on you tube or whatever, pretending to do their gs homework.
I heard the same re the ipad plan at my DS's school. I was against it for a variety of reasons, but I thought it was a done deal - but apparently not as (surprise surprise) they played games on them instead of working

Seriously, could they not have foreseen that? :!:
talea51

Post by talea51 »

This thread has given me much amusement as well as making me feel less alone!

First of all, although my dd is still in year 6, she is the most scatty brained child ever. Not when it comes to her work - she is very focussed when it comes to her work - but everything else is a disaster. She loses everything, never knows where anything is. She leaves things all over the place.

I joked with her yesterday, as she ran back to school to collect her school bag from the cloakroom, that if her arms and legs weren't attached to her; the school staff would be continually finding them lying around all over the school!

It used to drive me mad, but now I laugh because if I didn't laugh I'd cry. I don't tend to replace stuff though. I am a bit mean. In year 2 when she lost her fleece tracktop, I didn't buy her a new one. She just did outdoor PE in the cold without it. I had hoped it would be a reminder to her not to lose her stuff but it failed spectacularly and she learnt nothing from it other than that she has a bit of a mean mother! :lol:

The only thing in her defence is that her father and I were exactly the same and I recall that at some point, I got better at not losing stuff. Sadly, I believe I was already at Uni when the improvement occurred... :(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now