Onetel

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KS10

Onetel

Post by KS10 »

I used to have an account with them years ago. Then out of the blue, I received a bill for 1p, plus an additional £1.90 because it was a paper bill. In theory it's been sorted - 'Benny' tells me that they are having lots of problems with their billing right now and that I don't have to do a thing. I suspect, however, that I'm going to have to follow it up with a letter. I really hope this isn't the start of some huge problem. I have visions of some bailiff waiting to grab our cheap IKEA furniture.
KS10

Re: Onetel

Post by KS10 »

Hmm ... the money has been taken already. We're trying to work out how. Obviously we used to pay by direct debit and somehow after years of inactivity they've managed to start it up again. OH has cancelled it. It'll be interesting to see if money goes out next month too.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

O2 billed me £15.65 for late payment last month because i ended one contract and started another, but their admin left a one day cross over...so in theory i had two contracts (on the same phone)and they wanted payment for both.

I ignoredi the paper invoice, thinking the new dd would over ride it, and they passed it to a debt collector :shock: i the got v cross with a poor chap on the phone sitting 2000 miles away somewhere, until he transferred me back to the uk, and they sorted it out, credit rating unaffected. So please do check your statement, and make sure you write to the bank as well, because if they ask for a dd and it is rejected twice it apparently automatically fires of a threatening letter.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Thanks for that. It's partly OH's mistake (don't tell him I said that) because he never cancelled the direct debit all those years ago.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now