Samosas

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
southbucks3

Re: Samosas

Post by southbucks3 »

Chastise are great fun visually to make with kids...35+ years of pie top rolling and a stint in pizza hut whilst I was a student helped me, although I did not make any until I saw it on breakfast telly one saturday last year. I am always a bit disappointed they do not stay as big bubbles though, so are the kids, wouldn't that be fun if they did, like flying saucers :D
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

southbucks - I am laughing that autocorrect changes "chapatis" to "chastise"!!!
talea51

Post by talea51 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:southbucks - I am laughing that autocorrect changes "chapatis" to "chastise"!!!
I am laughing that it took me a while to realise what chastise was! :lol: I was slightly confused for a bit, then the penny dropped and it all made sense! :lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Blooming auto correct, I swear it has a smaller vocabulary than my youngest ds! :oops:
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Going back to Samosas, our local Tesco has stocked them in many varieties/brands. Also has ready made pastry, just fill with your ingredients, fold in a triangular shape and fry. Excellent snack.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

just ... fold in a triangular shape
This was the problematic bit for me. We have an excellent shop not too far from us and they do delicious samosas (don't they, Amber?). For now, I'm going with the easy option.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

single sheet of pastry makes the best samosa; fried in vegetable oil. Potato smash is best over lamb mince.
Amber

Post by Amber »

KS10 wrote:
just ... fold in a triangular shape
This was the problematic bit for me. We have an excellent shop not too far from us and they do delicious samosas (don't they, Amber?).
They do indeed, KS10...but I have it on very good authority that the biryani and paneer available closer to home are even better. :wink:
sbarnes wrote:Potato smash is best over lamb mince.
:shock: Think I will take your word for that one sbarnes.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I love smash..love it, love it,love It!

http://www.thaisabai.org/wp-content/upl ... aliens.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Takes me right back to my youth, along with frozen beef slices, fray bentos canned pies, brains frozen faggots in gravy and vesta curry.

Mum went from making her own offal concoctions to using convenience food as fast as you could say Penelope Keith, bless her.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Oooh vesta curry and chow mein with those bright yellow crispy things you had to fry. Love Brains faggots, they are on offer in Tesco at the moment. :oops:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now