Praline chocolate truffle

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Oshosh

Praline chocolate truffle

Post by Oshosh »

Hello everyone,

Could someone pls let me know of a good receipe for praline chocalate truffle. I have ben reading the web on this, but when it comes to making the praline....i am none wiser :( Pls...could someone help.
Last edited by Oshosh on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
southbucks3

Re: Praline chocalet truffle.

Post by southbucks3 »

Oshosh wrote:Hello everyone,

Could someone pls let me know of a good receipe for praline chocalte truffle. I have ben reading the web on this, but when it comes to making the praline....i am none wiser :( Pls...could someone help.
Melt 4oz of caster sugar in a small, very non stick milk pan, do not stir it, just swirl it, use a wet pastry brush to knock the bits down off the side, when it has all melted stir in the same amount of nuts. Transfer the whole gooey mess to a glass dish, spread it out a bit, and leave it to set. Chissel the stuff off the dish, and put the lumps in a food processor, whizz it round until if is quite fine...that is your praline to mix in with your choccy.

Points to remember, do not under any circumstances put the heat on high when melting sugar, burnt sugar is truly disgusting. Do not heat the nuts in the sugar, roast them first if you want...burnt nuts are pretty vile too. Do not stir the sugar with a spoon whilst it is heating, but do not let it sit still either.

Should you have a disaster...as my mum often did, then consider buying a new milk pan. :lol:

Be prepared for everything to be sticky, for several days.
doodles

Re: Praline chocalet truffle.

Post by doodles »

southbucks3 wrote:Be prepared for everything to be sticky, for several days.
Oh how right you are :lol:
Oshosh

Re: Praline chocolate truffle

Post by Oshosh »

Thank you south bucks, do you crush the nuts before you put them in sugar mixture or are they whole nuts.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Oshosh wrote:Thank you south bucks, do you crush the nuts before you put them in sugar mixture or are they whole nuts.
Either, as it all gets whizzed it does not matter, but whole hazelnuts must be without their skin.
Mum did it like peanut brittle without the butter, so ours were always whole, I think it will be less messy to prize off the glass dish if you use whole nuts, but the surface coating of each bit of nut will not be as thorough of course.

Remember to wet any utensil prior to dipping it into the mix, it helps stop it melding to the sugar...it does not stop it, but it helps!
Oshosh

Post by Oshosh »

Thanks southbucks, i might be trying it this weekend, will let you how it turned out.