the science of the cake

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Re: the science of the cake

Post by doodles »

Got hundreds of pairs of them SB3, but thanks for replying, the best ones are ones we got for DS1 who's a prop through and through and they say "I feel the need for speed" :lol: :lol: Caused his coaches a chuckle.
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Top Trumps cards in their favourite subject?
Marylou
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Pre loaded Costa/Starbucks card? Mine love things from there but can't afford them so it's a nice treat.
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Scary, that's a fab idea. Didn't know you could get such a thing..
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

doodles wrote:Scary, that's a fab idea. Didn't know you could get such a thing..
I have given Costa cards a few times as presents, including one loaded with £16 for DS1's 16th birthday :). Remember to give a 'Costa card' at the same time so they can collect points as they use up their giftcard.

(Am 'penning' this as I wait for a batch of little lemon cakes to finish cooking, for DS2's school's 'Christmas Fayre'...).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Please save me...following on from buying "crisp packet fireworks" dh saw this as an excuse to buy the boys a book he has wanted for ages.

"Backyard ballistics"

The chickens, ducks, and rabbit's , may need a new home after boxing day...and I may join them. :?
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Good grief, if he gets it out on Christmas morning, you may find that your Christmas lunch is cooked for you (ducks, chickens, rabbits and southbucks3 run for cover!!)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I've just remembered another superb book that I cannot recommend highly enough! It's by Adam Hart-Davis and includes the most amazing photographs taken by him. Called "Why does a ball bounce? And 100 other questions from the world of science." Absolutely fascinating - my boys dipped in and out of this, I read it from cover to cover! Lots of "did you know" facts all through the book but just so beautifully presented! You will recognise Adam Hart-Davis as he has presented several things on tv including "Tomorrow's World" and "What the Ancients did for us" - I thought he might have been on Horrible Histories too but may have got that wrong!
talea51

Post by talea51 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:I've just remembered another superb book that I cannot recommend highly enough! It's by Adam Hart-Davis and includes the most amazing photographs taken by him. Called "Why does a ball bounce? And 100 other questions from the world of science." Absolutely fascinating - my boys dipped in and out of this, I read it from cover to cover! Lots of "did you know" facts all through the book but just so beautifully presented! You will recognise Adam Hart-Davis as he has presented several things on tv including "Tomorrow's World" and "What the Ancients did for us" - I thought he might have been on Horrible Histories too but may have got that wrong!
I loved Tomorrow's World, what great TV that was! :D

Well, having bought crisp packet fireworks, I might just have a look at "why does a ball bounce?"

sb3, do you know if there's a "playground pyromaniacs" book by any chance? That would be right up my dh's street. If he can set it on fire or explode it, he's in his element. :lol: :lol: