Dentist help needed!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

neveragain*

Dentist help needed!

Post by neveragain* »

Hello all dentists and dentist partners....my delightful 18 year old DD is on a gap year and is currently in Essen, Germany. She will be back on late Sunday night/early hours Monday...I know she is working all day Monday.

Last night she was knocked to the floor by a friendly but totally inebriated male Swiss friend of hers, who is enormous. She was sober as was working.....She chipped her tooth badly and has been up all night in pain. She emailed late last night to tell me but is now out of wifi range.... :roll:

I'm not sure what to tell her re- what to do now, whether it can wait, should she get the guy to admit liability, should we go to emergency dentist, is there NHS dentist that she can go to ( we in Gloucester)..........

Any help gratefully received.........
kenyancowgirl

Re: Dentist help needed!

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I am no expert but thinkthat her E111 form would cover her for dental treatment in Germany to around the same level as the NHS here?
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Hi Neveragain, cant comment on other things but there is an y dental access centre in Gloucester, by the docks. Wife used it a couple of months ago, was very good.
JSN

Post by JSN »

Dental provision especially out-of-hours is abysmal in the U.K.
I think Ambers other half is a dental surgeon, so help may come shortly.
or call 111 for advise
Amber

Post by Amber »

OH has pm ed you neveragain*. From Germany too :)
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Thank you so much all xx
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

I Love this place...
talea51

Post by talea51 »

stroudydad wrote:I Love this place...
Yes. It really is an amazing forum. :)
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

It certainly has been a god send in many ways over the years.......I never thought I'd be asking about drunken Swiss men knocking my DD's teeth out though! :lol:
doodles

Post by doodles »

Never thought I would find the answer to my question (hopefully) here!

Last week I had a temp filling and was wondering how long they last. Got to go back to dentist on 17th for him to decide whether to do root canal filling or extraction before Christmas :? :shock: All is fine and dandy now and I was hoping I may be able to delay it until after Christmas - full facts are that my dentist is fantastic but I am completely dental phobic :oops: :oops: