Help with choosing new car

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

sbarnes

Re: Help with choosing new car

Post by sbarnes »

I was merely correcting the situation, re read the para and it is written in the present tense. That's all.

I am glad we are all a bit more sensitive,
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Hi talea51,
Nobody has mentioned Vauxhalls yet so I will. We love our nine-year old Meriva - great big boot for a small car, good load- and child-carrier. It's a 1.6 so quite feisty on the motorway but a smaller engine size would probably be better for fuel-efficiency. Nice high driving position. We've had Vauxhalls of some description for years: Cavaliers - still miss them! - Astras and now a Zafira alongside the Meriva. Good value and reliable, in our experience anyway.
Peridot
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

sbarnes wrote:Pretty please check your facts prior to posting, Ford do not own Aston Martin. Is that better? Aston Martin is owned by an Islamic Outfit
I have never heard the bit about Aston Martin being owned by an 'Islamic Outfit'. Have you any further information to justify your remark?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Actually I own aston Martin, and I am a druid who follows ancient practice..(We are building a wickerman right now, just looking for the right sacrifice). The reason I drive a beaten up Alhambra is to protect my identity, as I am also a philanthropist who is searching on this forum for recipients of my millions!

As for small cars...my dh lives by the formula of looking at what "old boys" use to drive round the villages in, from this he concludes the Ford fiesta, Honda jazz, and the yaris. He currently drives an ancient fiesta as his main car, because I refuse to let him have a company car,even though he is my appointed managing director.
ginx

Post by ginx »

southbucks3, can I visit for a drive in your Aston Martin?

I suppose it will have to be virtual. How fast does it go? I like fast cars ... only been done for speeding twice, by the same camera, and only for doing 33mph in a 30 limit so had to do two speed aware courses. Rather humiliating.

I tend to speed on motorways ... but neither the honda jazz nor Citroen C8 go faster than 80/90 ... and sound as if the engine's about to explode :lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I don't actually own one, as they are all made to order, except the sales directors run around, which I technically own. As I am a total philanthropist I do not believe in conspicuous consumption...I just own the whole company ( under several names). I could arrange for you to have a test drive though, with my sales director, called Roger.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

southbucks3 wrote:I don't actually own one, as they are all made to order, except the sales directors run around, which I technically own. As I am a total philanthropist I do not believe in conspicuous consumption...I just own the whole company ( under several names). I could arrange for you to have a test drive though, with my sales director, called Roger.
Since I "know" you and you are a philanthropist and I am quite poor, is there any way that you could arrange for me to just have an Aston Martin? A db9 would be lovely, thanks very much! :lol: :lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

No problem, I will throw in the insurance for 5 years too, as well as a 3 year warranty, and 6 months road tax. The car is on a 14 month waiting list at the moment, so you better find yourself that run around in the mean time. :D
talea51

Post by talea51 »

southbucks3 wrote:No problem, I will throw in the insurance for 5 years too, as well as a 3 year warranty, and 6 months road tax. The car is on a 14 month waiting list at the moment, so you better find yourself that run around in the mean time. :D
That's extraordinarily generous of you! :D

Perhaps I could just share your Alhambra, mud and dogs and all! :lol:
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

So much tension.... Sbarnes why so rude? An Islamic outfit?? It was a discussion about cars.... I am actually quite offended
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now