Help with choosing new car

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ginx

Re: Help with choosing new car

Post by ginx »

southbucks3, could I be greedy and ask for an db9 for dh and myself! We could trade in our fantastic Citroen C8 ...

I mis-read your post and thought you had one Aston Martin (I'm always dozy), didn't realise you owned the company. After all this time, I thought you were ... don't know, maybe a teacher?
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Well I am afraid your greed in asking for two cars has scuppered your cause...of course if you donate your c8 to me first, I may change my mind, that is a risk you would have to take... :twisted:

A teacher!! Never, I struggle to cope with my own kids, let alone others. I did a bit of special needs, and some evening adult learning maths teaching and some evening special needs adult teaching, but all of that was more to relieve in built "middle class" guilt than to earn money.
ginx

Post by ginx »

sb3, what happens if I donate my vintage C8 to you and you change your mind about the db9's? A risk I can't take ...

A teacher - well, I haven't a clue what anybody does. You sound sort of positive and jolly, as I perceive teachers to be.

Talk about struggling with kids, I had to bribe my 7 year old to behave when my parents were here. He doesn't have special needs, but I still wonder about ADHD. Teachers tell me he's absolutely fine at school.

Back to cars. Gone well off topic.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

southbucks3 wrote:Well I am afraid your greed in asking for two cars has scuppered your cause...of course if you donate your c8 to me first, I may change my mind, that is a risk you would have to take... :twisted:

A teacher!! Never, I struggle to cope with my own kids, let alone others. I did a bit of special needs, and some evening adult learning maths teaching and some evening special needs adult teaching, but all of that was more to relieve in built "middle class" guilt than to earn money.
The very thought of having to manage a class of 30 exuberant primary aged children is enough to make my blood run cold! :lol:

You will just have to continue your philanthropic ways of giving away db9s to those who ask nicely and who don't ask for two! :shock: :lol: :lol:
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

DB7 V12 is now in the more affordable class category; I once bought a Mazda for a colleague of mine, also offered him 1 years warranty tongue in cheek, he scrapped 8 years later. The best build quality in the world is that of Mazda and Toyota.
JSN

Post by JSN »

stroudydad wrote:So much tension.... Sbarnes why so rude? An Islamic outfit?? It was a discussion about cars.... I am actually quite offended
Now, now folks lets be nice , we do not want this thread locked by our masters!!
or have posts deleted without explanation just in case we should be so bold to offend them !
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

No complaints from me... Peace and love to all

Investment dar own Aston martin, investment outfit from Kuwait raising capital using interest free funds
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Re: Help with choosing new car?

Ah wrong question, the correct question is which Land Rover. Remember a Land Rover is for life, the other vehicle is my crumple zone and reliability counts for nowt it is all about longevity. Your Land Rover will entertain you for years with its amazing service costs. :D
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

stevew61 wrote:Re: Help with choosing new car?

Ah wrong question, the correct question is which Land Rover. Remember a Land Rover is for life, the other vehicle is my crumple zone and reliability counts for nowt it is all about longevity. Your Land Rover will entertain you for years with its amazing service costs. :D

What Steve hasn't told you is he tries to makes his kids walk everywhere and has an electric bike. :lol:
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

The Land Rover also functions as a piece of static art, neighbours often walk past and comment, oh look the , I-CON hasn't moved.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now