Help with choosing new car

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

southbucks3

Re: Help with choosing new car

Post by southbucks3 »

Nope..heartbreakingly they moved to Warwickshire.

I was allowed to play with the cars there in the 70's when we lived two miles down the road, but only because dad went rally driving with one of the big wigs, I was just a bored little girl being dragged along to be honest. They also had an annual open day, which was lovely, and very involving for the local community. Happy days.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Tinkers wrote:One of my friend's neighbours has Maserati. I look at it fondly everyday as I walk past.
One of the parents at our primary has Maserati. I look daggers at it everyday as I walk past it parked on the double yellow lines outside the school because he can obviously afford the hit of the occasional parking ticket.
talea51

Post by talea51 »

Tinkers wrote:I'm a girl and I'm very good at parking. :D
I'm a girl and I had issues parking my car :oops: My excuse is that the rear visibility was shocking. That's why I needed parking sensors.

Not having any issues parking the Chevrolet teeny-weeny car that I am currently driving and it has excellent rear visibility but it is a horrible car. I have no idea what car I want but I know that I definitely don't want a Chevrolet itsy-bitsy Spark!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

sbarnes - why so rude? Was it really necessary ...

I've been there myself. I saw them building the engines from scratch - one man built each engine. One whole hide per car as everything has to match; no-one was allowed to sit in them. They were servicing MAG 1C when I visited.

http://www.astonmartinworks.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This was the proper factory before they were taken over by Ford ...
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

Pretty please check your facts prior to posting, Ford do not own Aston Martin. Is that better? Aston Martin is owned by an Islamic Outfit
ginx

Post by ginx »

No, I thought Aston Martin were made in China?

ps to confirm they are in Warwickshire
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The original factory was in Newport Pagnell - they were taken over by Ford. I have no idea who owns them now. Again - why so rude! It's not necessary or pleasant.

The 'Aston' of Aston Martin was named after Aston Clinton - that's the proper original company.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Aston Martin did used to be owned by Ford. Now it's a Kuwaiti/American/Italian consortium.
Amber

Post by Amber »

This is a forum not a court of law or Radio 4! Surely if we feel the need to correct each other there are nicer ways to do it than this. :(
sbarnes wrote:Pretty please check your facts prior to posting, Ford do not own Aston Martin. Is that better? Aston Martin is owned by an Islamic Outfit
Or this
sbarnes wrote:If u check your facts before posting, there is no factory at Newport Pagnell
:shock: We are all human beings on here - fallible, capable of hurting others, and capable of being hurt too.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

As a Bucks boy born and bred, though admittedly one with zero interest in cars, I can confirm that Guest55 is absolutely correct – the original factory was in Newport Pagnall and the cars were named half after one of the co-founders and half after the place where he used to race ie Aston Clinton. This is all quite common knowledge around here.

And they most certainly were taken over by Ford – I believe it was when Ford sold most of their interest that the Newport Pagnall factory was finally shut down. They are not owned by Ford now – heck even Ford isn't owned by Ford now :lol: – but they were a wholly owned subsidiary for a number of years.

Perhaps those attempting to correct others could do so in a civilised fashion, particularly when they are themselves in the wrong.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now