Help with choosing new car

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
vasu

Re: Help with choosing new car

Post by vasu »

Warks mum wrote:
I have a Toyota Prius and would totally recommend it. It is fuel efficient, user friendly and more Eco friendly
Vasu - Does it really do more to the gallon that my little Peugeot?

And are the batteries really eco-friendly in their production or disposal?

I'll shut up now and go away before I get too involved in this one...!
I am afraid I am quite out of depth on this one! I love my Prius and love is blind! That is all I will say in my defence :wink:
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Fair enough - that is a perfectly genuine reason to have a Prius!
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

If you liked your previous Seats and want something golf sized had you looked at the Seat Leon?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Amber wrote:That word Prius...is it related to the medical condition priapism? Every time I see one of those cars I wonder how they chose the name.
Glad it's not just me.
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

We are a Renault family through and through here. We currently have an Espace (12years old), a newish Laguna and a Megane Coupe which is my toy and was donated by my dear dad when be was offered an insulting amount for it by the garage. We've also had several Clios which are small and fab - we've just sold the last one still going strong at 17 years old so I would highly recommend one for a small car.
Amber

Post by Amber »

scary mum wrote:
Amber wrote:That word Prius...is it related to the medical condition priapism? Every time I see one of those cars I wonder how they chose the name.
Glad it's not just me.
I love the way it is just you and me though scary...and everyone else is still on message. :D We will be in detention tonight for mucking about in class.
from the Latin prius meaning “coming before”
or from the
Greek god Priapus (Ancient Greek: Πρίαπος), a fertility god often represented with a disproportionately large and permanent ********.
Take your choice.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

scary mum wrote:
Glad it's not just me.
Bad names (or names which don't travel well) does seem to be a bit of a habit with car manufacturers though - how did VW ever decide to call one of theirs the Bora?
Proud_Dad

Post by Proud_Dad »

Okanagan wrote:
scary mum wrote:
Glad it's not just me.
Bad names (or names which don't travel well) does seem to be a bit of a habit with car manufacturers though - how did VW ever decide to call one of theirs the Bora?
Supposedly named after the Bora wind, in line with other VW models which also have the wind theme.

Passat is German for Trade wind, Golf (after the Gulf stream), Jetta (after the Jet stream), Scirroco (Sirocco wind).
doodles

Post by doodles »

What about the new VW Up! then? Joking aside my mum has just bought one and it is great - quite new though so may not be too many secondhand around yet.
Okanagan

Post by Okanagan »

Proud_Dad wrote:Supposedly named after the Bora wind, in line with other VW models which also have the wind theme.
Oh I knew they were all winds - but it does look like they didn't really think about how that one would work in the English language.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now