11+ Forum

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sally-Anne

Re: 11+ Forum

Post by Sally-Anne »

ginx wrote:Should we be clubbing together to buy a huge hamper for each mod? :D
I am pleased to say that the Mods have each already been rewarded by Sir ForumAdmin for their good behaviour this year, and a very nice hamper it was too. :D
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

'Like' :)
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

I thought that by asking this question in a certain way, people's perceptions of this forum may have come to light; this has happened and in a convivial manner to. I am surprised somewhat by some noticeable absences though on making comment on this thread, that is their choice.

The one word I would have an issue with is the word 'exam' in the website title. Strictly speaking parents entering their kids on the exams treadmill would tend to find themselves onto sites such as this.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

This website was not around when I needed it so I am here to help people navigate the school experience.

I am happy to help anyone but I really don't understand a few posters who are negative about other children. All children want to learn if they are supported and encouraged; teaching is hard work but such fun and so rewarding. (other than financially!)

Personally, our school options are limited by where we live and the fact that we moved here before our child was born.
ginx

Post by ginx »

sbarnes, Guest55 is very helpful. It may be my imagination but often when I read a comment enquiring about teaching, schools, Sats levels, and so on ... Guest55 just appears as if by magic and offers helpful advice. :D

Just another reason to be on here, to get such advice.

edited to say: Guest55, feel free to send me a hamper if you appear again as if by magic :D
talea51

Post by talea51 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Thank you, Peridot - and all those who pm'd saying a similar thing! (PS to quote, there is usually a "quote" button next to a person's comments - I find it isn't there if you're not logged in but when you log in, it appears!)

At the risk of citing my professional qualifications, all I would say is that, as a Careers Adviser, you get very used to saying "you cannot make an informed choice until you know about all the options". In order to do that, you have to be aware about what other options exist and what they entail. This forum allows members the opportunity to find out about all the options - and allow them to make an informed choice about what they perceive as being best for them.

Merry Christmas all.
Well put Kenyancowgirl! That is one of the most valuable things about this forum, I feel. It's a non judgemental place to find out about what options exist for our kids.