HELP ! DC not doing the work

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sbarnes

Re: HELP ! DC not doing the work

Post by sbarnes »

my DS has suddenly started making revision notes all by himself this easter break. This is in Year 9!! End of year exams are looming in 7 weeks time and the amount of topics to be covered are a lot. Making revision notes on his Macbook with presentation skills being practised has helped. Good luck
um

Re: HELP ! DC not doing the work

Post by um »

mon786 wrote: School says working as expected
If that's the case I would be quite happy.
From what you have said, the school has not flagged up any concerns or problems with your dd. Therefore it's quite likely that there aren't any.

With regards to revision, some practical ways to support your child - who is still very young - could be:

- Help them to design a reasonably flexible and fair revision timetable
- Direct them to make a neat general list - for every subject - of what they need to learn
- Provide revision guides/websites/past papers if the teacher has not already done this. If you give them past papers, make sure they also have the answers so that they can check their work.
- Buy a pack of coloured fineliners, some highlighters and a good quality pad of paper and support them in making revision notes and mind maps.
- Discuss subjects with your child where possible. For example, I enjoy discussing History with ds1, his dad will discuss DT, and so on.

You may well already be doing the above, but hopefully this has been of some help.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now