Any Reported Errors on GCSE OCR Maths Unit C today?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: Any Reported Errors on GCSE OCR Maths Unit C today?

Post by Amber »

Just to say I must have broken the rules too if that is the case - I read the Russian A level papers my students were taking just after they finished them (in the exam room), with pounding heart and dry mouth. And I also remember not being allowed to leave the room on the one occasion I was summoned in to be asked about something on the paper.

Hope you sort this out Snowdrops. Very stressful time for all. If there is an error on the paper I am sure no one will be disadvantaged by a wrong answer.

(Just checked on the Student Room and there is just one person saying they couldn't do it and someone else saying the diagram did say not to scale and the first person saying 'damn'. Not sure that is even the same question though!).
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Thanks Amber.

Dd's not fussed about it. She did everything she should have ( showing working out etc) so knows she's only dropped a couple of marks overall. It's just when she says she entered the bits she should have and found the error message, she redid it 4/5 times and got the same message. Her friends said the same so I put two and two together and suggested an error could be a possibility (but I know the likelihood is operator error - me, desperate :shock: )

I think it's a great shame to lose even one mark if you don't have to.

I'm not a pushy mother - honest :lol: :lol:
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It's more that if there is an error they may have spent an inordinate amount of time trying to answer an unanswerable question, which could have a knock on effect with them losing marks in other questions, if time becomes an issue. You're not being a pushy mother, you are checking out a possible concern.
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

School called back and it was operator error. Worth asking though. Interestingly we weren't the only ones to raise it!

Thanks everyone. Helpful as always :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now