Ice cream makers and bread makers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: Ice cream makers and bread makers

Post by Amber »

Ours is Panasonic too and is now into its tenth year of service and going strong. Our ice cream maker is John Lewis own and is the basic one - it does the job but I am sure the really expensive ones are better.

Only one brand of food processor though and that is Magimix.

And a Kitchen Aid mixer and a Dualit toaster.

Anything else? :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Ice cream maker here is a Gaggia one that has the freezer as part of it - an extravagant gift from DH when we didn't have DCs to spend our money on. Not sure of brand of good processor, Dualit toaster was a good but after rubbish ones. No Kitchen Aid, but is in my wish list.
scary mum
Azure

Post by Azure »

Thank you to everyone. I am going with panasonic then for bread machine. I looked at lots of newspaper comparing icecream machines and chose James David - or David james? - one which doesn't have freezer built in but had very good reviews ----- and was reduced from £69 to £19.99 on A++zon :o !

I have magimix processor, dualit toaster - our toaster is excellent but my sisters had 3 - I think they stopped making them so well. Mine is 15 years+ old.

I don't have an ice crusher though that might be next as DC love the look of slushpuppies(I don't want neon insides :lol: ).
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

no bread maker here as we don't eat much bread. Basic toaster for the same reason.
The Magimix food processor I bought 29 years ago, when I went to uni, is still going strong.
We have a Magimix ice cream maker but haven't used it for years as the base is too tall for the drawers in a standard under counter freezer - we got it when we had a chest freezer. I have just treated myself to a full height freezer with 'big box' drawers so we can use it again. We will probably be trying to do frozen yogurt these days.
The kettle is dualit - it has died at 2yrs and 11 months old twice now but OH is one of those who keeps the box and receipt together so we just get it replaced each time under the 3 year warranty.
I also have a KMix and KMix blender which is pretty good at crushing ice (there is a setting for it).
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

We have a Magimix food processor, bought for me by dh as an anniversary present in John Lewis many years ago... Now also have a Kenward chef food mixer, just like mum used to have, and it gets lots of use by dd baking.
Azure

Post by Azure »

How do people store their machine bread? Ours is left out and I worry about mice :o If I put in bread bin so many crumbs ... I see bags in Lakeland but not sure. Any advice?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

DH has packed away the bread maker. We got a kitchen aid a few weeks ago and since we normally just use the bead skier to make dough rather than cook the bread, he is now using the kitchen aid for that instead.
DH and DD currently fighting over it as I type as one wants to make bread and the other wants to make cake.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Azure wrote:How do people store their machine bread? Ours is left out and I worry about mice :o If I put in bread bin so many crumbs ... I see bags in Lakeland but not sure. Any advice?
We just keep in in a large plastic bag. I do actually have some of the Lakeland ones at the moment (well, I was ordering something anyway :roll: ), but they are very expensive. I do keep re-using them though, so they are lasting ages. Mind you, it doesn't last long & often doesn't get as far as a bag :lol:
scary mum
doodles

Post by doodles »

Lakeland do a Tupperware style bread box that has a rack in the bottom to keep the loaf off the crumbs found it really useful.

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/5441/9-litre- ... -Bread-Box" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
berks_mum

Post by berks_mum »

I have Bosch mixer for 8.5yrs, still going strong. It has food processor, blender and grain mill attachment facilities. Haven't brought the attachments though as I have another strong blender (hardly used). I do the dough and let the dough rise in the mixer bowl itself, transfer it in one of the pyrex pots just before baking in the oven.
Being a minimalist at heart, I have a Panasonic Slimline combi - microwave, oven and grill. It is easy to clean as the body is stainless steel. Hopefully, it wouldn't rust for long time.
Don't have a kettle, toaster, ice cream maker. Some of us use the grill to toast and others use the flat fry pan and some don't toast at all. Usually boil water on the hob(big quantities) and microwave for small tea cups. I usually like warm sweets so don't like ice cream much but the DCs may like it. Hmm…. haven't thought of ice cream maker before. Something to look into.