Numpty Moment!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

yunny

Re: Numpty Moment!

Post by yunny »

Yes, numpty moment! Came out the shower, top on and starting ranting and raving at kids and hubby where my joggers were as couldn't find them, all this for 5mins then hubby says "your wearing them"!!!! :shock: :roll: :oops:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Better than walking into tv room with all sons and hubby, declaring its boiling and pulling top off to then remember I had already taken my bra off. :oops: cue lots of..'Well they fed you for six months anyway', defensive comments from me.
doodles

Post by doodles »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Long list here as well. Amber's reminded me that on many occasions my boys would arrive at school only to find they were off on a trip and I had forgotten, luckily they had pack lunches with them so no harm done. Once however I was convinced eldest had a Geography field trip, despite his protestations, and sent him off without uniform. Wrong day, :oops: thankfully he had the sense to pitch up at lost property and cobble one together. 8)
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

southbucks3 wrote:Better than walking into tv room with all sons and hubby, declaring its boiling and pulling top off to then remember I had already taken my bra off. :oops: cue lots of..'Well they fed you for six months anyway', defensive comments from me.
Fed your hubby too eh? No wonder you look tired.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Fed your hubby too eh? No wonder you look tired.
Rude and icky all rolled into one! More mortified that he had witnessed me inadvertently exposing my assets to the boys, I could have possibly bribed them into silence with sweets otherwise! As it was he just gave me a look and simply said, "unacceptable."
Last edited by southbucks3 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

southbucks3 wrote:Better than walking into tv room with all sons and hubby, declaring its boiling and pulling top off to then remember I had already taken my bra off. :oops: cue lots of..'Well they fed you for six months anyway', defensive comments from me.
:lol: :) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh dear :oops: that's just the best one ever!
Amber

Post by Amber »

I sense by the reactions to this that this is not the moment* to share the fact that I am often found wandering about less than fully-dressed and my lot don't bat an eyelid. Though they were all totally mortified when OH and I went skinny dipping on a completely deserted Swedish beach at about 11pm a couple of years ago. One of them wouldn't speak to us for several days even though we were only in the water about 5 minutes, dressed again instantly and did not so much as brush each other's arms while in the water. It was brought up again recently in a discussion about how embarrassing parents are.

* but I did anyway :roll:
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Amber I think its compulsory for parents to embarrass their children - they should always remember that we are people (not just mum and dad) and have probably done things waaaaayyyy more shocking then their young minds could dream :lol:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Good for you Amber. I have to say I have been a bit more blase since. Daft how bra is absolutely fine, but no bra is that step too far in my boys' world!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now