Plastic folders for each subject

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: Plastic folders for each subject

Post by Amber »

JamesDean wrote: In later years, we moved onto Smash Hits posters - my books were always recognisable as they were covered in Nik Kershaw's face :lol:

JD
Two threads on here making me feel old now. :(

I used to write the lyrics of songs on my rough book - something by The Fall, and lots of Genesis. Then someone gave my parents a roll of wood chip wallpaper for me to cover them in and I used to pick the woody bits out in lessons to flick at people. We got a student science teacher into a whole lot of trouble when the person from his college came to sit in on a lesson and we all had splinters from the wood chip and sore fingers from picking the asbestos mats the Bunsen burners used to sit on - can you believe that? Health and safety in those days meant opening the windows before you put a match into a bottle of an unknown chemical while the teacher's back was turned just in case it exuded a poisonous gas or caused an explosion.

The boys used to draw male genitalia on their books and in text books too -what was that all about?

Those were the days - none of this sticky back plastic nonsense then.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Books backed in page 3 of the Sun I remember too ...... not mine, I hasten to add.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

not mine, I hasten to add
mystery - I didn't know you'd been on page 3. :shock:
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

The boys used to draw male genitalia on their books and in text books too -what was that all about?

Oh come on now....every one used to do that, not just the boys! Particularly in tricoleur books as I recall....lots of pictures of French students to embellish. Also the little man that looked over a wall with the long nose, wasn't he really a Willy? I know he was an American WW2 cartoon, but really?

Wood chip picking got me into terrible trouble one evening when I was sent to the front hall for being naughty....I thought, misguidedly, that I would show just how bored, rebellious, children passed the time in isolated disgrace, by working my way across several inches of woodchip. I can still feel the smart. :oops:

Received three plastic exercise book covers in the post today, they fit, thank you kcg, 90p well spent. :D
Amber

Post by Amber »

southbucks3 wrote:
Oh come on now....every one used to do that, not just the boys!
Er....
I didn't.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Guest55 wrote:
not mine, I hasten to add
mystery - I didn't know you'd been on page 3. :shock:
No, I don't really qualify for page 3. I'm better as a worktop or washboard.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Amber wrote:
southbucks3 wrote:
Oh come on now....every one used to do that, not just the boys!
Er....
I didn't.
I set you a task Amber....grab whatever broadsheet is lying around your house, find an appropriate picture of the lovely kate, or someone, and draw a proportionally impossible set of male genitalia on them. You can call it a project in familiarising yourself with the actions of teenage boys, circa 1982.

Sorry.....Well off topic! Back to plastic wallets.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now