Flu Jab

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
doodles

Flu Jab

Post by doodles »

Just need to ask if this year's jab is particularly vicious? I had mine yesterday and am having a horrible reaction which is a first for me. Not great really as dh had a sinus operation last thursday :?

Anyone else over reacted?
southbucks3

Re: Flu Jab

Post by southbucks3 »

Not had mine yet, but two years ago I ended up very poorly for four rotten days.
Scared to have this year's now, but I will of course :(
doodles

Post by doodles »

Don't be put off SB and good luck!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The pharmacist said I should remember to have my flu jab. Never had one before ( I think working in a primary school has iron clad my immune system) part of me wonders if his concern for my health has anything to do with his £9 fee?
SIT

Post by SIT »

I think it is bad this year DH and I both had it felt nauseous and tired 2 days after the jab.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

Got all that to look forward to next weekend then… :roll:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If you need it for health reasons (asthma, Heart conditions etc) please do not be put off having it.

My sister has asthma and has the jab every year, (a school teacher so should have a cast iron immune system too). A couple of years ago she forgot, and got flu. Nearly had to be hospitalised and was unwell for a couple of weeks. Took even longer for her breathing to be normal again.
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

I've never had the jab before but now the new guideline is for pregnant women to have the jab. Not looking forward to it now!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

It can be rotten, but the alternative is unthinkable, my poor boy had flu when he was a baby and again when he was four, terribly ill on both occasions but thankfully had no on going condition. For me having flu is pretty much a guarantee of,at best, a week in hospital, so I grin and bear the jab and schedule it when no events are imminent.
It is worth making sure you are healthy before having the jab and not immuno compromised, one year I could not have it, as I was on tablets that rubbished my immunity, that year dh was so nervous bless him, he wanted to put me in a big bubble.

Good luck fellow flu jab takers.
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

If you need it for health reasons (asthma, Heart conditions etc) please do not be put off having it.
My sister has asthma and has the jab every year. A couple of years ago she forgot, and got flu. Nearly had to be hospitalised and was unwell for a couple of weeks.
I second this, Tinkers. I skipped it one year, got flu, nearly in hospital and didn't feel right again for weeks. Me and DD off to surgery on Saturday – she gets the spray, I get the jab! DS, amazingly, has remembered to get one too even though he's now at uni and had to sort it out for himself.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now