Flu Jab

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
inkypinkyponky

Re: Flu Jab

Post by inkypinkyponky »

I had my flu jab 2 weeks ago and found this year's jab the best I've ever had! The jab area was just slightly sensitive in bed that night, but gone in the morning.

In previous years I've had a huge hot lump in my arm for days and been unable to sleep well.

Sorry to hear that this year's jab is not good for you doodles :(
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Are you in very good health this year inky?

Forgot to say, the year I could not have the jab, my surgery gave all my immediate family the jab instead.... :lol: :twisted: not only were they prevented from bringing their foul diseases into my hone, but they suffered pain for me too!
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

My health is no better or worse than previous years, southbucks3, so I don't know why the jab's been fine this year....I'm just glad it was!

I had my yearly asthma review last month and the nurse gave me a once-only-jab she called pneumo vax...again barely any reaction.

I hope your family have forgiven you by now sb3!!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Please don't be put off from having it, the alternative (a dose of flu) is horrible and can be dangerous too.

I have it every year as my immune system is not quite tickety boo. I've not reacted before and I was just interested if anyone else had reacted or if I'd just managed to catch something at the same time. Anyway even if this is a reaction I'll be back in the queue next year but maybe I won't time it for half term :lol:
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

I quite agree with you....having had the flu twice, it is much, much worse than the side effects of the jab and lasts so much longer.

I hope you are soon on the mend doodles and that half term gets better for you!
Last edited by inkypinkyponky on Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

inkypinkyponky wrote:In previous years I've had a huge hot lump in my arm for days and been unable to sleep well.
I experienced the hot lump in my arm for six days this year; I also had disturbed sleep and felt wrecked for a few days. :-( It's got to be better than the flu though.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

That must've felt a long 6 days stroller, especially the poor sleep...but as you say, better than the flu.
I hope next year's jab won't effect you so much!
doodles

Post by doodles »

If it was a reaction it was short-lived just been left with a runny nose today thank goodness.
inkypinkyponky

Post by inkypinkyponky »

Oh good, doodles....hope you can enjoy half term now, without the lurgy!
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

I had mine on Saturday and my arm is a bit sore, I just hope I don't start to feel unwell as I am on our only family holiday this year. I have only had it for the past 3 years and the first year do also had to have it, he was not impressed.