Juicers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sbarnes

Re: Juicers

Post by sbarnes »

Yep I did, read some fantastic reviews of the product.

Did you know that all the major chains in the high street use this machine? Must be reliable otherwise business would go bust.

Note everyone, G55 originally stated it was expensive, sometimes one has to pay a bit extra for a top quality product.

I will give an update as and when it arrives. Costco guarantee second to none as well.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

With an executive card the blendtec is now £250, absolute bargain
Amber

Post by Amber »

sbarnes wrote:With an executive card the blendtec is now £250, absolute bargain
For those with enough money to spend £250 on a juicer, perhaps it is.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Snowdrops wrote:We've had ours for years and years. It was used twice and sits in a cupboard somewhere. If you were close enough I'd give it to you.

We sold ours. So much faff and need so much fruit to make an (albeit inventive and tasty) glass of juice, but also felt it was wasting all the roughage, which is about he best part of the fruit!
Really top class blender instead? That way you still get the roughage, even if you do need to peel your kiwi!
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

It allows the peel and roughage to stay in the juice. The other bit is the ability for the machine to make hot soups, meals for the evening and very healthy. By the grace of God I can afford the machine, a cheap snipe at the price is quite poor really. We don't spend lots of money on expensive plonk that ends up ..... :lol:
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

sbarnes wrote:It allows the peel and roughage to stay in the juice. The other bit is the ability for the machine to make hot soups, meals for the evening and very healthy. By the grace of God I can afford the machine, a cheap snipe at the price is quite poor really. We don't spend lots of money on expensive plonk that ends up ..... :lol:

Be interested to know how it keeps all the roughage in. And £250 does seem a very high price. Not a snipe at what you spend your money on, ****, we spent £600 on a wedding cake! But does seem a lot. I'd still go for a good blender (£100) and a good slo cooker (£50). More versatile. But if you've decided then hope it's useful.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

I have a twin gear greenstar juicer. It is huge, but I love it. We primarily use it in early autumn to juice apples and.....You guessed it.....make lovely lovely cider. The rest of the time it lives in the backless cupboard unless I suddenly fancy some proper Apple or carrot juice.

The juicer is huge and was really expensive new, thankfully I bought it second hand for £10!

The good thing about a proper juicer as opposed to a super duper blender is that it peels the veg or fruit by pulping, I hate blended unpeeled veg, it tastes of mud, I know a lot of vitamins are in the pulp, particularly the outer skin, but that's no good if it tastes foul, I also know some people cannot taste the earthy notes...I can and to me it's yukky.
My juicer pulps the stuff so dry its quite amazing really.

I would like a super blender to crush ice mind you....My friend makes strawberry daiquiris to die for using hers.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Oh.....strawberry daiquiris, yes purleeeeese!

Although I am a grown up now and in public I go for an italian margarita, equally tasty and terribly sophisticated, like me, lol!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

"I would be cautious purchasing any blendtec product. I purchased a K-Tec (company name before they rebranded) juicer and when the motor broke, I was informed, after many emails, they no longer make this product and don't offer service on it any longer. Buyer beware, blendtec may rebrand or stop making a product and leave you without service."

Just one of over 100/606 reviews giving 3*s or fewer for Blendtec ...

It's a shame people feel they have to boast about the amount of money they spend on such an item.
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Yamin151 wrote:Oh.....strawberry daiquiris, yes purleeeeese!

Although I am a grown up now and in public I go for an italian margarita, equally tasty and terribly sophisticated, like me, lol!
Sophistication goes flying out of the window when someone offers me an alcoholic slushy. :lol: