car boot sale Bucks

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MamaBear

car boot sale Bucks

Post by MamaBear »

Does anyone know if there are any car boot sales on this weekend. Big ones please, muddy fields and all!
Guest55

Re: car boot sale Bucks

Post by Guest55 »

http://www.carbootsales.org/county/buckinghamshire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any good?
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

That was quick g55! Thank , just the thing.
justkeepmoving

Post by justkeepmoving »

Hi - know its not Bucks but just outside in Taplow, Berks. http://www.giantcarboot.co.uk/taplow.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
We do this one twice a year to raise funds for our Girl Guides.
Its on a Sunday nearly all year round. Its big & popular, not muddy, and best of all you don't need to arrive to set up until 9.30-10am & goes on till about 4pm.
We usually come away with about £100 profit after entrance fee & lunch
MamaBear

Post by MamaBear »

Thank you justkeepmoving, this Sunday we will go to one in Oxford and maybe next week I'll check out your suggestion. I love a bargain!
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Which is the nicest to sell at? I hate car boots that seem to encourage grabby, eBay seller types and rude hagglers, I did one once, shant say the place, but people were practically climbing in my car, I felt like I had to tell the boys to keep their arms by their sides in case someone stripped them in order to try and haggle a price for their jumpers!
At the same car boot I saw a well spoken man, built like a brick sh*t house, chasing after a customer and snatching a box set of dvds from him whilst simultaneously returning a pound and declaring, "I said no." Transpires the chap left the money, grabbed and left when he didn't like the real price. :shock:

So, are there any nice gentle sales around that are not in a small church hall? Tetsworth is cool, but only on in summer, I prefer getting up early and getting back for lunch.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now