Beauty for teens?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ally

Re: Beauty for teens?

Post by Ally »

I was going to suggest Liz Earle. Do Avon do a hot cloth cleanser as they own the Liz Earle brand
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

An alternative view.

Can I suggest that you look at your daughter's diet. Any foods that are oestrogen enhancing will make spots appear and keep them coming.

Sugar is the biggest contributor to spots that includes white flours, pastas, rice etc. Eating rancid fats is not good either.

If you wants to reduce spots eating the following will help:

Whole rice, quinoa, barley, spelt
Vegetables all kinds 9-10 portions a day. (limited potatoes and cassava)
Berries (other fruits are high in sugars)
Fish and meat of all kinds
Olive, avocado and coconut oil
Green tea (as a drink and a facial wash)
A small amount of honey (no more than 1 tsp a day)

Lots of fresh air and exercise to oxygenate the skin.
Plenty of sleep.
Keep stress to a minimum.

Live honey (not from supermarket) is great for putting on spots at night with a cotton bud not all over :)

Steer clear of putting make - up on the skin. Stick to mascara
Don't uses facial washes with SLS, Parafinium, Petrolatum or alcohol in them. Olive or avocado oil make really good facial washes gently rub it into the face in circles and then take it off using warm water with a clean flannel (Boil wash your flannels.) Coconut oil is a great moisturiser it has anti inflammatory, anti fungal, anti bacterial and anti viral properties, put a blob of it on your hand to warm it before mixing a drop of geranium essential oil in with it to it smell nice and help to prevent spots. Breaking of a leaf of an aloe vera plant and mixing the gel in too will be soothing and will make a really nice emulsion. Putting oil on your face doesn't make spots worse, the right sort of oils prevent them, it is stuff like alcohol that does that.
Rosy Pippin

Post by Rosy Pippin »

Thanks Ali and Scarymum for the hot cloth type recommendations - she does like the cloth thing so will look out for those versions for the Christmas stocking. Eccentric - you are so right about the diet and I have noticed that the spots have got worse since she started secondary school and has a wider choice of food (and money in her pocket which I suspect is being spent on sweets!). I have been digging around for books/leaflets on this very subject to see if I can leave for her to read and make up her own mind (mum saying it doesn't seem to be registering strangely)! Thank you for the tips - I will persevere!
It takes a village to raise a child
PapersOwl

Post by PapersOwl »

So many answers, really helpful topic author, thank you for starting it :)
When I have an idea to do something crazy - I just do it. All the rest Papersowl do for me!