Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stroller

Adding criteria to the drop down box for reporting a post

Post by Stroller »

I'd suggest the addition of two criteria:

Exam content revealed inappropriately

Suspected / blatant advertising

You can ignore the suggestion or change the wording, but if you agree that these are legitimate grounds for reporting a post, I think the modification would make it quicker for the whistleblowers as well as the moderator recipients.

Which topics are reported most frequently? Perhaps you could rank the items in the drop down box by frequency of use or severity while you're at it.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Etienne

Re: Adding criteria to the drop down box for reporting a pos

Post by Etienne »

Which topics are reported most frequently?
Warez - because it's the default, and most people don't stop to look at the other options! :lol:

I'll ask Programmer if he can make any changes.

Thanks
Etienne
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Programmer has changed the list quite a bit. Like. Thank you!

If you think people don't realise the drop down exists, the text shown by default could change to "Why are you reporting this post?" or "Please select a reason".
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Stroller wrote:Programmer has changed the list quite a bit. Like. Thank you!
Thank you for the suggestion! :)
Programmer was a bit constrained by what the software allows, and wasn't able to do everything I asked for - but it's a big improvement, I think.

We now have what I estimate to be the three main reasons for an alert in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
If you think people don't realise the drop down exists, the text shown by default could change to "Why are you reporting this post?" or "Please select a reason".
I did suggest the default should be "Please select from the list below" - but for some reason it wasn't possible.

The alert system is explained in the FAQs (as little explored as the drop down list!):
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =9&t=29397" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne