Delicate dilema

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Peridot

Re: Delicate dilema

Post by Peridot »

In year 8 (I think - possibly even year 7) my son had to research and make, for Biology homework, a set of Top Trumps cards on the topic of STDs. I was a bit shocked initially but then thought what a good idea it was. We didn't actually play it as a game but I read them all and definitely learned a lot myself!
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Oh good grief....and I thought the model Castle was hard enough...!! :lol:
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Oh good grief....and I thought the model Castle was hard enough...!! :lol:
:D
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

:lol:

Meant to say, he also asked if you got STD's when you get pregnant. What the...........
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

The detailed revolting descriptions and pictures of infected parts that my DS printed out for his set of cards has certainly put him off wanting to make anyone pregnant in a hurry... Which I suppose is the desired outcome of the exercise.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Euwwwwwwwwwwwww! :D
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Peridot wrote:The detailed revolting descriptions and pictures of infected parts that my DS printed out for his set of cards has certainly put him off wanting to make anyone pregnant in a hurry... Which I suppose is the desired outcome of the exercise.
:lol: We do a very similar thing at work - the browser history on my pc would def raise a few eyebrows :shock:

JD
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

Peridot wrote:In year 8 (I think - possibly even year 7) my son had to research and make, for Biology homework, a set of Top Trumps cards on the topic of STDs. I was a bit shocked initially but then thought what a good idea it was. We didn't actually play it as a game but I read them all and definitely learned a lot myself!

Yeuch.....and there is me hiding my earl of Rochester poem book because I wanted to protect their innocence!
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

in direct line of this thread... but in French, in case you wish to have fun trying to understand the article... Good luck!

http://madame.lefigaro.fr/bien-etre/com ... 0115-93909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

JaneEyre wrote:in direct line of this thread... but in French, in case you wish to have fun trying to understand the article... Good luck!

http://madame.lefigaro.fr/bien-etre/com ... 0115-93909" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Janeeyre.I reckon I understood about 45 percent of that. I'll cut and paste it to word later and google translate!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now