Staying and helping others

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Snowdrops

Re: Staying and helping others

Post by Snowdrops »

I'm still here too.

North Yorkshire forum has always been extremely quiet, but glad to help out on the rare occasion someone's been in there.

DD now in lower sixth and the GCSE /A level threads, together with uni information has been just as valuable as the 11+ stuff. 11+ stuff was just to hook us in, there really is no escape now mwahaha!
Amber

Post by Amber »

I left and came back. My motivation for being here has changed as my knowledge about education has increased. Not sure if I actually help anyone but maybe I make the occasional person think... :?

Pastoral care section is very important in a forum like this - and if I ever can offer support to others I think it will be there.

And I have made a couple of really lovely 'real life' friends too - hi to you xx
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I can't seem to escape either. I have gained a lot of support here over the years as my family & I have hit choppy waters. Not sure I can offer anything to people other than a sympathetic ear, but sometimes that is needed. I'm usually willing to share my opinion too :lol: :roll: . And I've made a real life friend :) (waves)
scary mum
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Snowdrops wrote:I'm still here too.

North Yorkshire forum has always been extremely quiet, but glad to help out on the rare occasion someone's been in there.

DD now in lower sixth and the GCSE /A level threads, together with uni information has been just as valuable as the 11+ stuff. 11+ stuff was just to hook us in, there really is no escape now mwahaha!
Hi Snowy (waves from western bit of county) !!!

Yep has been quiet lately in North Yorks - Ermysted's had 121 for 112 places in October - haven't heard about any distance cutoffs ??

ha ha I agree totally impossible to escape :mrgreen: :lol:
JaneEyre

Post by JaneEyre »

still here too... with all my mistakes, bad syntax and all, but I am an addict to this forum! :lol:

I love to read Amber's posts and Guest55's ones and many many other regular contributors (Herman, Sally Anne, Yoyo123, moved, um,DIYMum, Moseleymum,Mike, KenR, etc... I can't name all the nice souls who try to help other or just give their views which helps with our thinking. Sometimes,I agree with them,sometimes I do not. Sometimes,I have the time to write,sometimes not and I leave it there...
But also, this forum helps to keep feet on the ground in this celeb culture and it is comforting to see that other parents have also some traditional views (for example 'leave your computer/play station and go out to take some fresh air).
wishing all the best to all!!
ginx

Post by ginx »

I can't leave either. I know I take more than I give, but I have had so much support.

Not just the 11+, but pastoral care, Gcse work, advice on careers, lots of support.

Best of all was advice for a birthday present for dh!! Thanks, Guest55.
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

I'm staying on too. I received a lot of help and want to pay back to others. Besides, I can't walk away from the Word Association.
fairyelephant

Post by fairyelephant »

No one said it was possible to leave!??? :o

I would need therapy to quit this place. I got so much out of it I have to try and give something back, it's hard though sometimes, I often think people might not feel qualified to comment, empathy and practical points are just as valuable, I hope!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Thanks all :D

You guys make this site fun ...
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

I'm hooked! It has been invaluable pre 11+, post + and review !! I have received lots of great advice and hope help others if I can. Dollyx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now