Maxine Peake in Hamlet last night

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Daogroupie

Maxine Peake in Hamlet last night

Post by Daogroupie »

Wow! Did anyone go and watch the Hamlet screening last night? Maxine Peake was absolutely spellbounding, What a portrayal!

I hope someone will snap her up for Othello or one of the Histories next. Apparently they were the fastest selling tickets in a decade at the Manchester Exchange. Did anyone see it live?

It should be required viewing for all doing Hamlet at GCSE. My dd loved it and isn't even doing Hamlet!

I didn't think Polonius really worked as a sharp suited female. The relationship between Ophelia and her was very weak which undermined Ophelia's descent into madness when she dies.

But there was not really room for anyone else when Maxine was on the stage! Just breathtaking. If you get the chance see it! DG
quasimodo

Re: Maxine Peake in Hamlet last night

Post by quasimodo »

"Daogroupie" Wow! Did anyone go and watch the Hamlet screening last night? Maxine Peake was absolutely spellbounding, What a portrayal.

My colleague left the office on Monday evening to go to Cineworld on Broad St in Birmingham for the 3 hour showing. She may be a opera buff but when I saw the twinkle in her eye I wasn't sure it was the theatrical production from Manchester which had ignited the embers or the fact that her company was purely platonic even though they were going for a meal after the film. Who am I to try and read a woman's mind?
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now