Summer is on its way

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

quasimodo

Summer is on its way

Post by quasimodo »

"Spring forward fall backwards"

The clock is going forward on Saturday night, Sunday morning. It means getting in the garden, longer days, warmth (no longer relying on Vitamin D supplements allowing the Sun to do its work),barbecues and games with the kids in the garden. Summer is on its way. Yippee!!
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
doodles

Re: Summer is on its way

Post by doodles »

I'm very pleased to see you being so positive Quasimodo but I'm finding it hard to share your sentiment as I sit here with grey skies and rain!! Do you think the summer will take long to arrive?? :D
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

...doodles....did you blink again???!!!

...you missed it....!!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Yay, I got my first football lesson from a Thing 1 just yesterday. And I'm busy scouring rightmove for properties withing walking distance of both boys schools (an hour apart, lol!), with character and gardens of at least an acre and far reaching views for the price of a modest semi. Therefore I declare, summer must indeed be coming!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

doodles wrote:I'm very pleased to see you being so positive Quasimodo but I'm finding it hard to share your sentiment as I sit here with grey skies and rain!! Do you think the summer will take long to arrive?? :D
The rain is to ensure the grass on your lawn (if you have one) is nice and lush and green.
Mine is full off moss. The battles that lie ahead! The torture of having to mow the grass on a regular basis but the pleasure of seeing it all cut.

Id like to be able to read the tealeaves and look into the the future and give you a definitive answer. I am afraid I share your doubts when I look at those same grey clouds and the rain. At least in some parts of the world people dance in the streets when it rains as the rain is the bringer of life. Parched dry earth infused with one of those vital ingredients without which life cannot exist. In reality we might be complicated chemical reactions but we are mostly water.

At least this year the reservoirs weren't run low.

To reality being requested by my other half to take my youngest ice skating for her catch up lesson instead of tennis. I think I will have to get up, at least my youngest will be able to go on a ice skating rink without falling down, a skill I never mastered. Thinking of the positive it will delay that work I have to do this weekend by another three hours :D .I am indeed getting out of bed.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

You are waxing poetic this morning Quasimodo!

I used to skate every week, still love it. My boys do too but we live so far from a rink as to make it not practical on a regular basis. It's a shame though as I think they would LOVE ice hockey, if we were nearer.
doodles

Post by doodles »

It's cold, it's wet, I'm about to lose an hour sleep and the loo is leaking (clean water I hasten to add) :cry:

On the plus side DS liked the frames the optician ordered; we managed to get him a pair of trainers in town rather than on line; I've done the ironing and made a batch of 30 perfect meringues to take out with us tonight and I dont have to go to work for three weeks - so things are looking up, if we could just have some sun things would be ace!!! :D :D :D
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Expect rain - the cricket season is about to start ... :lol:
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Guest55 wrote:Expect rain - the cricket season is about to start ... :lol:
From a climatic point of view rain is warmer weather.

You appear to be a cricket purist but I'm afraid I prefer the 20 over and 50 over aspects of the game. I'm also keeping my head down from the other thread.My weekend was ruined by Man Utd last week and Australia this week. The consolation is I won't have to get out of bed in the middle of the night.

Australia, Pakistan and Sri Lanka seem a long way away in 2011.

Abraham Lincoln
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I don't mind 50 overs county matches - seen some fantastic ones - but its the wrong format for international matches.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now