Experiences of celebrities good or bad?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Yamin151

Re: Experiences of celebrities good or bad?

Post by Yamin151 »

My dad treated a lot of circus people and as a result we got Billy SMarts overwintering in our garden, many years back. I don't remember it I was too young, but my sisters remember the car with the doors that blew off! Anyway, getting to know people we have remained good friends with Norman Barrett, ringmaster, famous for the budgies, his sonorous voice and appearance oon Paul Daniels. This isn't so much a show off celeb story, as much as saying that I watched the film 'Big Fish' and if you've seen it, the scene at the funeral at then end is how I expect Norman's to be (long may it be) - full of all kinds of fascinating people who knew and loved him - he is as nice in real life as he comes across in his shows (with Zippos now - no animals!), a true professional still going strong at 80!
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

I've met quite a few celebs in my time. Many sadly don't live up to the expectation, however Matthew Mc Conaughey..( instellar, Lincoln lawyer ), was very down to earth, friendly and gorgeous to look at in the flesh. :D dollyxxxx
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Dollydripmat wrote:I've met quite a few celebs in my time. Many sadly don't live up to the expectation, however Matthew Mc Conaughey..( instellar, Lincoln lawyer ), was very down to earth, friendly and gorgeous to look at in the flesh. :D dollyxxxx
Now I want to know what you do, Dolly, to meet so many!?

I love celebrity spotting and am terribly star struck. However, I am also totally aware of what constitutes true fame as opposed to notoriety or celebdom with nothing done to deserve it! My head isn't turned by someone from TOWIE, always assuming I'd rcognise them, which I wouldnt?!! I'm assuming they would be orange?!
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Ah that's a well guarded secret Yamin.......!!! Tom cruise....(very odd), Brad Pitt...just as nice as Matthew....an amazing couple.....Michael Douglas and Catherine zeta jones...very friendly!!! Sorry looks like I'm showing off...promise I'm not!!! :D dollyxx
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Oh I am impressed!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I am, really :)
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Yamin151 wrote:My dad treated a lot of circus people and as a result we got Billy SMarts overwintering in our garden, many years back. I don't remember it I was too young, but my sisters remember the car with the doors that blew off! Anyway, getting to know people we have remained good friends with Norman Barrett, ringmaster, famous for the budgies, his sonorous voice and appearance oon Paul Daniels. This isn't so much a show off celeb story, as much as saying that I watched the film 'Big Fish' and if you've seen it, the scene at the funeral at then end is how I expect Norman's to be (long may it be) - full of all kinds of fascinating people who knew and loved him - he is as nice in real life as he comes across in his shows (with Zippos now - no animals!), a true professional still going strong at 80!
Have often seen Norman Barrett pottering about or having a coffee locally when Zippos comes to our town. It's good to know he's such a nice man. We love the budgies!
Rob Clark

Post by Rob Clark »

I've met a number of sports stars from a variety of sports, but my best friend has warned me I'm a terrible name-dropper so I'm not going to name any :lol:

If anyone really wants to know the inside story, I'm open to bribery :D
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

Awh......we'd like to know rob :D !!!! Promise your not name dropping.....it's just a bit of fun!!!! :lol: dollyxx
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Dollydripmat wrote:Awh......we'd like to know rob :D !!!! Promise your not name dropping.....it's just a bit of fun!!!! :lol: dollyxx
I agree! Name drop away! And they don't need to be worthy - can be A.N. Other Essex girl for all I care, love to hear 'celeb' stories!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Peridot wrote:
Yamin151 wrote:My dad treated a lot of circus people and as a result we got Billy SMarts overwintering in our garden, many years back. I don't remember it I was too young, but my sisters remember the car with the doors that blew off! Anyway, getting to know people we have remained good friends with Norman Barrett, ringmaster, famous for the budgies, his sonorous voice and appearance oon Paul Daniels. This isn't so much a show off celeb story, as much as saying that I watched the film 'Big Fish' and if you've seen it, the scene at the funeral at then end is how I expect Norman's to be (long may it be) - full of all kinds of fascinating people who knew and loved him - he is as nice in real life as he comes across in his shows (with Zippos now - no animals!), a true professional still going strong at 80!
Have often seen Norman Barrett pottering about or having a coffee locally when Zippos comes to our town. It's good to know he's such a nice man. We love the budgies!
Oh, thats nice. His budgies have a transit van fitted out all to themselves. He and his wife have a caravan when on the road (they live in Blackpool where he was ringmaster for Blackpool Tower until circus closed there) - the budgie bus is parked next to it and he spends ages in there chatting to them and taming them. Very happy birds they are.