Ideas for a film for tween girls' party

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Snowdrops

Re: Ideas for a film for tween girls' party

Post by Snowdrops »

Just had the pleasure of watching The Lorax this afternoon. It had me chuckling and sends a great message to youngsters. Well recommended :D
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

wildwest wrote:Are you? you say :wink:

Love the fact that I have upgraded myself to Everything Else section, from the 11+ section.
surreal !!!!
Only a small step to rehab, Wild West. And, inevitably, GCSEs :D
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

My dd suggests pirates of the caribbean the curse of the black pearl I am told its a 12.

I didn't know I was an upgrade a bit like the cars I've bought and sold over the years.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

Ooh, I must remember the name of that film 'McKenna' as DD is gymnastics mad along with all of her friends.
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

MedievalBabe wrote:Ooh, I must remember the name of that film 'McKenna' as DD is gymnastics mad along with all of her friends.
We love it, actually watched it with the girls on a long road trip end of Easter hols! A touch cheesy ,but hey it's american feel good factor!! :D you can buy it from amazon not too pricey. make sure it's region 2 (which I think is UK) . My two are gym mad always a from favourite in our house. Hope your girls like it, dollyxxxx
um

Post by um »

Thank you - I think the party will have to last 2 days now as we can't decide from all the suggestions :D
wildwest

Post by wildwest »

Peridot wrote: Only a small step to rehab, Wild West. And, inevitably, GCSEs :D
Well... Someone on here posted once that 11+ is the last exam that we can help our dcs for. I stay hopeful..!
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

We had dd's 12th birthday sleepover this week! They were going to watch the 3rd Harry Potter because it's a PG but in the end decided not to as one of the girls hadn't seen it before and was a bit worried about it. They ended up watching Frozen and Shrek 3 and they seemed perfectly happy about it....! Wish I'd seen this thread before though :)
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

We recently held a film night for pre teen boys and played "back to the future", they absolutely loved it, the fact it was thirty years old (yes we are all v old) seemed to add yet another dimension to the whole time travel thing, lots and lots of time travel "what if" chatter followed!
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Agree sb3 that Back to the Future is a fantastic film (for boys or girls) and mine love it, but it does have a surprising amount of swearing in it. Caused a few raised eyebrows from mine when we first saw it with them, after I'd said yes, of course it's completely suitable for children....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now