Any volunteering scope for a Year 6/7 in charity organisatio

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
leanmeamum

Re: Any volunteering scope for a Year 6/7 in charity organis

Post by leanmeamum »

Ask in their school as well - I just remembered my daughter also went to a soup kitchen/meal distribution in Tower Bridge with a teacher once a week. There were 3 teachers and the wife of one of the teachers - they used to pick my daughter and drop her off every week.
solimum

Re: Any volunteering scope for a Year 6/7 in charity organis

Post by solimum »

There is a small charity called Contact the Elderly http://www.contact-the-elderly.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; which runs monthly Sunday afternoon tea parties for small groups of old people in volunteers homes - they need regular volunteer hosts and drivers, and at a recent party we hosted one of the drivers brought her young son who helped hand round cakes, chatted to the guests etc.

Depending on where you live there is likely to be a soup kitchen within reach - the outdoor one in Central Birmingham is run by a different group each night on a complicated monthly rota (most of them local church groups).

Scouts used to do this sort of thing - not sure if spurious "elf & safety" has squashed it. But I'm sure groups from schools are still encouraged to visit care homes. Usually when WW2 comes up in history!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now