The family breakfast

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Peridot

Re: The family breakfast

Post by Peridot »

They're called Emily's eggs in this house as that's the name of the friend who taught my DD how to make them. Glad your boys liked them too salsa!
salsa

Post by salsa »

Please thank Emily from us! They loved them; had a second helping and insisted in cooking the second one, flip and all. Although I was thinking that it could also be nice without flipping them, but putting the cut out bit on top.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Ooh yes. Emily's eggs with hats on!
salsa

Post by salsa »

:D
Amber

Post by Amber »

After the recent return of one family member from China, noodles are often served for breakfast here now.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Love the egg idea, thank you!

And actually, while the boys wouldn't eat noodles I think that sounds really tasty for brekkie.
sbarnes

Post by sbarnes »

Traditional fry up once a month, scrambled eggs with real butter, hash browns, sausages, and fresh bakery bread. All finished of with a cup of nespresso coffee with honey. Yum yum
Amber

Post by Amber »

Heavy pressure to use eggs here too with 9 a day currently being laid. We are quite popular with egg-loving friends at the moment. One of my sons makes himself an omelette or eggy bread most days.

On the subject of breakfast - another reason to add to the already long list of reasons to go to Scandinavia on holiday and spend at least one night in a hotel...the best breakfasts on the planet!
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Hmmmmm,I'm not sure I can agree Amber! At risk of either 1. Showing my geographic ignorance or 2. Offending our Scandinavian friends, I spent a week at a conference in Stockholm and found the whole cold meats, cheese, rye bread and fish thing a bit uncomfortable for breakfast, in spite of fancying noodles. If it's savoury it's hot for me..........

Thank goodness we are all different EH?

I love a hotel breakfast though. The luxury of being able to help yourself to yogurt and fruit, croissants, eggs and so on and maybe even a naughty pastry, buckets of coffee, and then walk away without having to clear up is just wonderful!
Amber

Post by Amber »

Next time stay in a Radisson Blu Yamin - if hot is your thing, there is hot, but the array of food on offer means you never actually have to leave the breakfast room.

Breakfast here was cooked on a fire outside today! Lovely.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now