Unwelcome or Welcome Pests?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

quasimodo

Unwelcome or Welcome Pests?

Post by quasimodo »

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150508 ... -your-face" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(Gentle Mod warning: The full link reads "these mites live on your face", so this may not be to everyone's taste!)
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Catseye

Re: Unwelcome or Welcome Pests?

Post by Catseye »

You really should subscribe to The New Scientist , you will love it , endless scientific gibberish !

I luv it :D :D :D :wink:

other scientific publications are available
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

This morning whilst in bed on my laptop I looked up at the ceiling and saw one ladybird on the white ceiling in my south facing bedroom.It was one of the larger asian variety coloured orange and black.All winter we have had them they don't cause any harm and we just pick them up and put them outside the window.It seems they are now retreating to the vast outdoors as it gets warmer.

I hardly see the red and black ladybirds any more in the garden or indoors.

Last year we had ants nests in the garden and some broke into the conservatory waiting for battle to be renewed as the real summer arrives as we fight the phoney war.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

The little blighters break in here every year, some years they appear in the centre of the house and one year they appeared out of the bathroom window frame. "Ant Stop" works a treat, keeps them at bay for the rest of the year usually.