Long shot - which intermediate guitar duet book uses Roman n

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stroller

Long shot - which intermediate guitar duet book uses Roman n

Post by Stroller »

Hi,

DD's guitar teacher gave her an old photocopy of a duet a while ago. We really like the piece; I'd love to buy the book. The problem is her teacher no longer seems to have it and doesn't remember its name. He's a creative sort and often writes song excerpts and musical phrases on a page ad hoc when teaching beyond the usual exam syllabus books, so I've little hope that he'll suddenly come across the duet book. He's brilliant otherwise, so each to their own.

Anyway, the duets seem to have Roman numeral titles. The one we have is called "VI" ; it's in 6/8 time and starts aptly enough on the sixth beat. No composer identified. Key of G major, "Poco Allegretto" and the photocopy suggests it came from pages 12 and 13 of a book.

My notation won't make much sense unless you understand music and have some sympathy for how hard it is to capture a melody on a mobile device with only an onscreen keyboard :) All notes provided below occur on the treble clef in the octave from regular G to high G. Here's the intro section:

highD | highG 2 F E F highG | highD 2 B regularG A B | highD 2 C A highE D | highC 2 B B 5 ...

Where the dots are at the end of the line, the first note plus first complete bar and a half repeats again, before the melody develops.

I know it's a very long shot, but if you can help, I'd be really grateful.

Thank you,

Stroller
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
solimum

Re: Long shot - which intermediate guitar duet book uses Rom

Post by solimum »

You might get more help from the Associated Board forums - lots of parents, teachers & pupils there - see http://www.abrsm.org/forum/index.php?act=idx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alternatively if you don't have a local music shop who might recognise it, try emailing a copy of the photocopy to one of them (Musicroom.com or similar)
Stroller

Re: Long shot - which intermediate guitar duet book uses Rom

Post by Stroller »

Thanks, solimum, very helpful suggestions. Between one thing and another, I haven't had the energy to tackle it yet but you've given me hope. :-)
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now