School blazers

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
doodles

Re: School blazers

Post by doodles »

BBB I bought some stain removing wipes today in Tesco (own brand) and they are miraculous, even got red biro off the white stripe on my new sweatshirt.

Innocent sounding jelly is a complete nightmare believe me, it leaves horrible greasy marks, well it did on the wall in the sitting room :shock:
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Ooh, thanks Doodles - I am in Tesco tomorrow so will look out for them. And yes, jelly seems to be a nightmare - every time I wipe it away and it looks good it comes back when the blazer is dry! I usually use a well known yellow branded carpet cleaner to remove stains from clothes (recommended by my trusty old book) and that works really well but I don't think I would risk it on black material. It is just the idea of putting a blazer in the washing machine and then needing to iron it (Persil advice says you need to, which is why I wanted some first hand experience before I ruin his uniform!)
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I iron nothing...certainly not Blazers!!!
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Brillaint KCG!! A woman after my own heart :lol: Then I shall wash it during the holidays (on the gentlest wash I can find!)
Thanks for all the help :-)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Our blazers go in a 30 degree wash, 1400 spin, with everything else darkish. One of them is one of those sanctimonious Eco ones which has a label warning that practically anything you do to it will ruin it, but I've rather given up taking any notice of that, apart from the not using steam thing, in respect of which I just press it through a dry cloth if it needs to be ironed :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

Any ironing Toadmum?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

BucksBornNBred wrote:Any ironing Toadmum?
'Press' as in with warm iron through the dry cloth :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

ToadMum wrote:
BucksBornNBred wrote:Any ironing Toadmum?
'Press' as in with warm iron through the dry cloth :) .
I missed the subtle use of the word "press" :oops:

Thanks for all the advice - and fingers crossed that I'm not the first person to ruin a polyester blazer in a washing machine :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Anyone else got a mental image of young master BBB walking around in a shrunken blazer and BBB blaming all of us?! :lol: :lol:
PS it's never occurred to me to dry clean a polyester blazer! Not that I've checked the instructions
scary mum
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

scary mum wrote:Anyone else got a mental image of young master BBB walking around in a shrunken blazer and BBB blaming all of us?! :lol: :lol:
PS it's never occurred to me to dry clean a polyester blazer! Not that I've checked the instructions
:lol: I did mean to add that I would NOT be blaming anyone here if it all goes wrong. Though I will let you know if it does go wrong and then you can all find your own level of guilt :lol: :wink:

But I must admit it didn't occur to me to check what the blazer was made of; I just looked at the care instructions side ... doh