CHANNEL 4 CHILD GENIUS...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

doodles

Re: CHANNEL 4 CHILD GENIUS...

Post by doodles »

Yes Sascha caught me out too, only seen her briefly in passing before, yet she had matched Thomas' score in at least two rounds. Obviously a very clever young lady.

Though I was pleased Thomas won I think Sascha was a very gracious loser and she should be amazingly proud of herself, she'll go far as they say.
Stroller

Re: CHANNEL 4 CHILD GENIUS...

Post by Stroller »

doodles wrote: Though I was pleased Thomas won I think Sascha was a very gracious loser and she should be amazingly proud of herself, she'll go far as they say.
+1

At least she lost to a worthy opponent; she can hold her head high. She came across very well.

Interesting article in the Telegraph about Thomas. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvan ... enius.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Difficult pregnancy, they thought Thomas had fluid on his brain or perhaps Down's Syndrome and offered his mum a termination, which she declined. He was premature. Against the odds, he still achieved everything miles early. Irrepressible personality, but to his credit, he didn't seem to alienate the other kids. The article and the programme went on and on about the intelligent Dad, but the mother's DNA strongly influences intelligence and his mother is clearly a very capable woman. If Thomas keeps his head screwed on, he has the intellect to tackle whatever he finds of interest. Good luck to him.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now