Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

doodles

Re: Summer Sport

Post by doodles »

More Brits than ever I understand.
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

I love sport! Very addicted to watching it!! In my house the kids know when it's Wimbledon fortnight....I do nothing !!!! :lol: ready meals....crap food, picnic food in the garden when the weathers so gorgeous! They know I pretty much forget everything during that time.....pretty chaotic especially as it's so close to end of term!!! :roll: but hey ho we survive.....just!! 8) 8) :lol: dollyxxxx
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

"Waves"...I am watching Wimbledon (although must confess to never having had the urge to actually go there). Got into TDF about 2 or 3 years ago as I became a bit of a cycling nut when my knees and hips groaned a bit too much with the pounding running. It's just so hard to get a sense of the speeds they are doing! Also love, love, love athletics....was watching cricket at school, last night...limited overs, so slightly more interesting to me, as every ball counts...(cricket is just a little too leisurely for me, generally, as I am a bit more of a crash and burn, rugby fan!)

But must also add that I do have to get my fill of sunshine to feel "normal" - got my upbringing to blame for that, so have to spend as much time as I can outside too - still haven't worked out how to stop the sun reflecting off the screen :lol: :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Dollydripmat wrote:I love sport! Very addicted to watching it!! In my house the kids know when it's Wimbledon fortnight....I do nothing !!!! :lol: ready meals....crap food, picnic food in the garden when the weathers so gorgeous! They know I pretty much forget everything during that time.....pretty chaotic especially as it's so close to end of term!!! :roll: but hey ho we survive.....just!! 8) 8) :lol: dollyxxxx
My childhood memories of Wimbledon are cold meat, salad and new potatoes (a nod in the direction of cooking), followed by strawberries & cream. My kids get pretty much the same :)
scary mum
KB

Post by KB »

Just wondering about what would happen if my DH didn't get proper dinner because I was watching Wimbledon. I guess its too late to make changes by now :(
doodles

Post by doodles »

Just try it and see KB :lol: :lol:

My ironing pile is always minimal in the summer as doing the ironing makes me feel marginally less guilty about all the sport I watch. :oops: Then there's always name tapes to sew on :lol:
KB

Post by KB »

Easier to get away with easy meals in the winter when a quick chuck everything in a saucepan while eating breakfast then shove it in aga works a treat.

The chicken and peppers in pitta reminded me we haven't had fajitas for a while though - I shall resurrect that one on Monday!

Anything after 8am has been too hot for ironing this last week but it brought back memories of my mum ironing in the garden in hot summers of old...

Having finished exams I could try getting DS to do some meals - supposing I can ever locate him of course.

Enough excitement at Wimbledon today that's for sure!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Anyone watch the England ladies fantastic victory over Germany last night to come 3rd in the World Cup? Best English football performance in an international competition since 1966!

And DD's girls' football team won our local primary schools competition on Friday too :D

JD
doodles

Post by doodles »

The three men in my household tell me they played superbly. Perhaps the England men's team would benefit from some training with the women :lol:

Well done to your DD's team JamesDean
doodles

Post by doodles »

So today is proving to be a bit of a challenge, we are trying to watch cricket, cycling, golf and tennis all at once PLUS keep an eye on Twitter for match updates on ds1's tour match in Hong Kong - tomorrow he travels on to New Zealand so he'll be in a different time zone which will be easier!!

Apparently the European athletics champs start on Friday as well - all this exercise is exhausting :lol: :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now